YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...MAYBE TWICE!
So. When the shit hits the fan. 9 times out of 10 a lot of us will be at work, the grocery store, Walmart, what have you. In other words. We will be wrapped up in our day to day lives. So with this in mind. My million dollar question is this.
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ENSURE THAT YOU GET HOME SAFE TO ALL YOUR FAMILY AND LOVED ONES?"
In other words. Did you prepare yourselves by doing things like the following.
1) GET A CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE TO CARRY A PISTOL
2) STOCK THE CAR WITH A PISTOL AND AMMO OR AT LEAST A MELEE WEAPON
3) DO YOU HAVE A SMALL CACHE OF FOOD AND WATER IN THE CAR IN CASE YOU ARE STRANDED
4) A PLANNED ROUTE TO USE TO GET YOU HOME AND HOW MANY
I think you get the idea from here. Being I am with at least one family member at all times. This is what I have done to get back home to the remainder of my family and go from there. Maybe this list I have done will help build your plan to get back home to your family then deploy your bigger survival plan from there.
1) SECURED A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT
2) PUT 2 MELEE WEAPONS IN THE CAR
3) MADE A SURVIVAL DAY PACK CONTAINING THE FOLLOWING
A) 2 EXTRA MAGS FOR THE PISTOL
B) 100 ROUND BOX OF AMMO
C) 2 QUART HYDRATION BLADDER FOR WATER
D) ENOUGH ENERGY BARS FOR 2 PEOPLE
E) A BAG OF HARD TACK CANDY TO KEEP BLOOD SUGAR UP
F) GMRS HAND RADIO AND BATTERIES
G) CITY MAP WITH MARKED ESCAPE ROUTE TO GET BACK HOME AND 5 MARKED ROUTES
H) GAS MASK
For me it's all about the weapons and the gas to ensure I get home safely. Without either of those there is no way I'm returning home, especially because I live in a rural place where everything is at least 10 miles away from home. With that, I have decided to carry with me in my car a Katana and a pistol, of course with extra ammo. I dont have a liscence for the gun but its for that reason that I decided to purchase a smaller weapon. I hid it in my trunk where my spare tire should be...*wink*...besides the weapons I have at least a gallon container of gas in my car with me no matter where I go because I usually tend to wait to get gas till my car runs dry. Oh, and one more thing, a cell phone!! with a car charger. Shit. I want to be able to warn my family of any danger they could be in and inform them of my whereabouts. Thats pretty much it though for what I bring along with me. It may not be enough to last me forever, but it will help me to get to my house and family where there is a shit load of other things available to me.
if you look at the list for my day pack. i covered all but the cell phone. the only thing i forgot to mention. good call Elixir Wolf on the cell. also if you want a good equal to the Hanwei Tactical Katana. there is also its counter part the Tactical Wakizashi. its just a little shorter then the katana and just as strong. great for a smaller frame person. they run through me $140 including shipping. i got some of those up for grabs to. here is a picture of it.
Hanwei Tactical Wakizashi Sword
Well, since I haven't commented lately I'll bite here.
1. I'm a cop. I always have a pistol with 2 magazines, and I keep several knives in my truck.
2. See #1
3. I keep a pair of MRE's in my truck at all times.
4. There are two major highway routes to get from my place of work to my home. I live in Addison, TX, and work in Grand Prairie, TX. I can take TX HWY 161 or Loop 12 for the fastest routes. I can take a smaller four lane road (Belt Line) to get there in about double the time. I know the residential roads well, and those I don't know I can figure out. I keep a Texas map in my truck, so should I need it I have the means to find my way home.
As a side note, my wife refuses to carry such supplies with her, so part of my plan once I return home is to set out to get her. This places a ridiculous amount of strain on the plans that I have set out and significantly reduces our chances of survival. If anyone lives in the Dallas Metropolitan area and has no better plan, feel free to tag along!
My brother-in-law carries a bug-out bag in his car at all times. I need to get ready myself
I always keep tools in my vehicle. on top of being able to fix shit, hammers, wrenches, crowbars, etc... can be used as melee weapons. They also come in handy, breaking into and out-of vehicles.