Wicked Zombies

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...MAYBE TWICE!

Children face the zombie apocalypse in Too Young To Die

Posted on April 14, 2014 by Ben

By Ben Bussey

There are few things more likely to push buttons in horror movies than kids in peril. We don’t seem to see too many filmmakers braving that territory these days, perhaps due to the old maxim about children and animals – but in-development British horror Too Young To Die promises to dive headfirst into that tricky area with much gusto, showing a zombie apocalypse from the perspective of a group of young kids. From the look of the trailer below (a proof of concept job, I believe), we shouldn’t anticipate The Monster Squad vs Deadites here. This looks like serious, potentially challenging stuff – and while similar ideas have been explored by Charlie Higson’s The Enemy novels, this looks more akin to the kitchen sink intimacy and claustrophia of Marc Price’s Colin.

Synopsis time:
After a train crash, a small village in the North of England is overrun with the living dead. As the authorities are scattered, a group of children stay hidden in their school, protected by the last few teachers. But when the creatures find a way in, the children find themselves alone and on the run in a city saturated in blood and suffering. Together, they keep each other safe as they look for help and survival, unsure if they are alone in this terror – or if the whole world is now overrun…

Production company Eze as Pi are seeking funding through Indiegogo; check it out here, and/or visit the Too Young To Die site for more info.

Views: 399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In truth, we could make the movie super low budget and get it on DVD without any hassle for a few grand. But that's what we feel and want. A theater release. Unfortunately that means getting bean counters to give up some money. Which means fans like you play a major role in convincing them! And thank you!

So your going to go straight to DVD? If so make sure you give us the link so we can buy a copy or 2!

I was talking with my 9 year old son and was telling him about the movie and what little I know about the storyline...He really seemed like he was interested...I heard him telling some of his friends about it yesterday so some of them are eager to see it...And watching him talk about and the way he gets animated when he gets talking about something was funny...Specially when he does his zombie walk...That's funny as shit.....

@ Jessie:
That is awesome. I love hearing stuff like that. Kids are hilarious when it comes to zombies, they have half the information they need about them and the rest they just make up. A 11 year old girl told me that zombies have metal vision so they can see through metal and breath fire and fly... It made me want to be a zombie!

@Komrad Gas Mask Killer
Hopefully not, we aim to get this into theaters but it depends on how much we raise for the budget. We need equipment that can stand up to being projected in cinemas. A few movies notably less quality were released theatrically (such as 28 days later, Blair Witch) but we want this movie to look and feel like a film, not a handy cam.

- Also, NEWS:
Bill Oberst Jr. Has signed a letter of intent to appear in the opening of the film! http://www.billoberst.com/ Just keeping you guys posted!

if this film goes straight to DVD and not the big screen. then the movie theaters are really missing out on a potential hit. i like what i have seen thus far on the trailer. i think it will make a smash hit if given the chance.

Your film will make it to the theaters and have a cult following! :-D

Thank you! We're hoping so. We've been talking with actors and trying to fill out the cast list to help get this thing off the ground. A lot of good vibrations though, so I'll keep you all informed!

Yeah, keep us posted...I really think you will have a hit and I will have another cool zombie movie to add to my collection....

Hell yeah we love Zombies here. Lol!
This would be a indie hit if it played in drafthouse theaters.

RSS

Wicked Books

Our Sponsors

View more gifts at Zazzle.

WICKED ZOMBIES members appreciation.

The WICKED member who has unyielding Dedication and Loyalty to the KOMRADZ:

Priest

The WICKED member who has Outstanding Constancy:

Jessie W. Garrett III

The WICKED member who Contributed the most Original Zombie Discussions and Replies:

saint.357

They will receive a WICKED ZOMBIES Goody Box with Wicked Treats.

Blog Posts

Going through a lot

Well, wanted to juststop in and check on things...Been a long time since I have stopped by...Well things are not going as well as I would have hoped, but, you know, that's life...

Some good things are my son, has turned 18 and has also graduated high school...I'm very proud of him...He has plans of going back to school after the getting a job and saving money for the school with the music production studies he wants to do...So I am very proud of…

Continue

Posted by Jessie W. Garrett III on June 26, 2023 at 1:00am

© 2024   Created by Komrad Venessa Wicked☭.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Groups Forum Videos Photos Blogs Invite You Friends My Page Main Page