YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...MAYBE TWICE!
10 Zombie Facts to start the week out right!!!!
For more Zombie facts, you can also visit: http://facts.randomhistory.com/zombie-facts.html
1) The word “zombie” is related to the African word nzambi, which means “god.” The Grand Serpent, the “Le Grand Zombi,” was the father of all “laos,” or other gods, and appeared in the shape of a python.
2) October 8th is World Zombie Day.
3) There are basically two theories on the origin of zombies: 1) a cursed person dies and returns as a zombie, and 2) a person contracts a virus or is exposed to radiation.
4) Mummies are not usually regarded as zombies because while zombies are in a constant state of decay, mummies are deliberately physically preserved.
5) According to zombie lore, the only way to kill a zombie is to damage its brain or cut off its head.
6) Because viruses are not independent living organisms and need a living organism to reproduce, a “zombie virus” could be considered a misnomer because zombies are generally thought to be dead.a
7) While the causes and depictions of zombies throughout history have varied, one element links them: they all have compromised brains.c
8) George A. Romero is often referred to as the “Father of the Modern Zombie” and is widely viewed as the creator of the modern zombie cinema. He has written and directed more zombie films that anyone in history.
9) Modern conceptions of zombies originally began with voodoo religion in the West African Yorubi tribe and then traveled with captured slaves to the Caribbean island of Haiti, a busy slave center in the 1700s.
10) Prolific zombie filmmaker George A. Romero’s first paid directing job was filming Mr. Rogers’ tonsillectomy for Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood. Romero said this project somehow inspired him to pursue a career in horror films.a . The word “zombie” is related to the African word nzambi, which means “god.” The Grand Serpent, the “Le Grand Zombi,” was the father of all “laos,” or other gods, and appeared in the shape of a python.