Wicked Zombies

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...MAYBE TWICE!

I am the commanding officer of a small tactical team. We named ourselves the Zombie Tactical Response Team. We were on maneuvers out in the woods near our makeshift base, when we got back, the word came over the line that an outbreak of violence had broken out in town.

The local sheriff's office called me while we were preparing to bug-out to check on our families. He activated our group.

Now, the Zombie Tactical Response Team was nothing more then a few of us preppers, which a couple were on the local police force, who took the responsibility of our safety in a Zombie Apocalypse into our hands and developed this team. With the help and the efforts of every member of this team, a team that totaled 5, we were able to purchase a small 5 acre lot in which we were able to build a small military style commend center and training facility. We trained every weekend for about 5 years. We were a working machine. Everyone had their jobs in the group. I was chosen leader of the group, just because of my knowledge and never quitting attitude...Which also led to the name Dragon.

There was Duff, who could get any and everything that we needed. He was about 5' 4", brown hair, blue eyed lady's man. We of course called him Lover, it seemed he had a different girlfriend about every damn day...

Then there was Danger. He earned his nickname honestly. That little prick was always combining and mixing shit to create explosives. He would throw something and then a loud bang would go off and a tree or something would fall or launch into the air. He had made some shit one time and it wasn't that strong, but it was enough to rattle you when he would throw the little film canisters behind you and the damn things went off..

There was Little Jon. Now he was not even close to being little. He stood around 7 foot tall and built like a brick shit house. The biggest, baddest motherfucker I have ever seen. But when he talks, he sounds like a damn kid. It started out as a joke one day and some how it stuck. He didn't seem to mind it.

Last but not least, there was Mozart. He was nothing like anyone I've ever seen. he could come up with the perfect song for any situation. We did a mock outbreak at out facility. Of course in the middle of the drill, he had a song playing in through the system. He's one hell of a moral couch. I had Little Jon go into a full emotional breakdown and within a couple of minutes Mozart had Little Jon raging. Mozart main job was mechanics. He could tear down a motor or a weapon have it built back in a few minutes or a couple of hours, running or working better before he got his hands on it.

The sheriff called and activated us. Our main job was to back up the few deputies in our little town. We geared up and as we made our way back into town, we called our families. Of course the cell towers were down. We got to the station and my guys grabbed phones and tried calling their families. Mozart and Duff were able to get in touch with their folks. According to what both told me, their folks told them that this was no normal riot, it was a viral outbreak. I was unable to contact my girlfriend. As for Little Jon, he never tried to call anyone. He told me a few years back that he had no family. That the ZTRT was his only family.

We were dispatched to the intersection of highway 641 and highway 70. We were to set up a road block next to the Marathon station. When we got there, there was nothing. Nothing but blood, body parts and a few people feeding on some of the bloody remains. instantly my mind snapped into Z-poc mode and that's when all hell broke loose.

I radioed into the station to let them know our position was compromised and we were falling back. Suddenly from out of the radio's speakers came roaring sounds of screaming and gunshots. At that very moment I knew the police station in anyone in it was lost. With a wave of zombies surrounding us and rocking the truck, I dropped it into drive and put the gas pedal to the floor. The truck's engine roared and pushed forward. Bodies of these infected bastards fell or were pushed out of the way. We reached the edge of the large hungry crowd, Little John kicked open the back door and Danger stood in the doorway and started throwing many of his small explosive devices. Before I was able to tell them to hold on, I rammed a car. Little Jon grabbed for Danger, but wasn't fat enough. Danger fell from the truck. 

By the time I was able to get the truck stopped, we were about a block or two away from Danger. I jumped out of the driver's seat and told Mozart to get ready to drive. I started running back towards Mozart, who was on his feet and moving as quick as he could. It looked as if the fall from the truck had screwed up his leg or his ankle. I was half way to him when from out of the car I had blasted through, a hand darts out and grabs Danger. I heard Danger scream as I saw blood erupt from his arm. Knowing that our rule was never to leave a man behind, I knew what would happen. I raised my gun and aimed it at Danger. I shot once and took out the corpse that had taken a bite out of him. I closed in when Danger hollard.

"Stop!! Don't come any closer. Remember our rule. No mater what, we take out our own."

"Danger, listen to me. We need you as long as you can move we can use your ass to make more of those little creations of yours."

"Dragon, forget it. I'm done. I have enough explosives on me right now to level this entire block. Plus I've been bitten. Rule number 2, if anyone within the group or within our protection is bitten, they receive their choice of death. I've chosen my way. Get the fuck back to the truck and get the hell out of here...GO!"

Yes we did make a list of rule to govern our compound and to safe guard ourselves and families in the time of the Z-poc.

I stood there for a few seconds shocked, not really catching that this was all really happening.

"RUN!!"

I heard Danger's voice scream into my ears. I snapped back from space and saw Danger pull out, something that was like brass knuckles, but I knew he was turning into a suicide bomber. As I ran towards the truck, Mozart started driving slowly away. I picked up my pace when and reached the back of the truck. Little Jon threw his hand out and I took hold. Little Jon jerked me inside the truck just as I heard Danger scream. As I turn my head to look back at Danger, a large fireball explodes. The truck has reached full speed as the fire rises into the darkening heavens.

Mozart yells from the front of the truck, "Where in the hell is Danger?? Is he alright??"

Little Jon looks at me, I shake my head and then turn to the front of the truck, "No, he got bitten and decided to go out his own way. Rule 2..."

"What the hell is going on Dragon?"

"Look, head for base."

"What about Danger?"

"He's gone Mozart. We have to get the hell out of this damn truck. This damn bread truck is just to fucking slow. We're dealing with the shit we've been training for. No get your head out of your ass and follow orders."

Mozart whips the truck around the next corner. The truck lurches to the left, Little and me fall against the side of the truck. Mozart slams on the breaks.

"What the Fuck are you doing up there?"

"We have people up here."

I head to the front of the truck. I look out the windshield. There in front of our ZTRT van was a small road block being guarded by a small band of people. They all raise their guns toward the truck.

"You, in the truck. step out and place your hands on your head."

"Dragon, I'm not sure we should do that. These people are scared shitless and they will probably most likely shoot us as soon as we get the fuck out of the truck."

"I'm with you on that one Mozart. Can you back the truck up and get us turned side ways in the road?"

"Yeah, I can. But they'll most like start shooting the shit out of the truck."

"That's a chance we have to take. Little Jon, is that group of zombies still behind us or did we lose them?"

"I don't know. There are some strays heading our way, but I can't tell if they are dead or living. Why?"

"This is what we're going to do. This is going to be fucked up, but, we need to get back to base. We're going to turn the truck sideways, blocking the road. This will even block their view on what is coming or what we are doing. I don't think they'll let us through alive."

Mozart starts to slowly back the truck up. And like scared little rabbits, the roadblock pussies open fired. Mozart ducked as the windows of the truck shatter from the rain of bullets from the road block. Bullets rip through the side of the truck. Little Jon is ht in the leg and Mozart dives for the floor. As he throws himself towards the back of the truck, he falls to the floor. A large pool of blood begin to form under him. Little Jon panics and grabs his Ak-47 assault rifle and kicks open the side door. 

"LITTLE JON!! GET THE FUCK BACK HERE!!!!"

But it's to late. Little Jon opens fire back on the roadblock thugs and as he walks towards them, the throws one grenade as he continues to fire his rifle. The explosion from the grenade shakes the truck violently and deafens my ears. I fall to the ground covering my ears. I roll so I can see what's going on on the other side of the truck. Little Jon has really fucked up. He was able to blow a hole in those bastards defensive station, but in the process, he has called lunch for every fucking dead and infected sonuvabitch in a 30 miles radius. 

I noticed that after the grenade, there were very little of the roadblock thugs left. A few of them took off to the hills I guess when Little Jon threw that grenade and I bet the rest were killed when it went off. But as for those still standing their ground, fighting back was something more of a joy of shooting their big gun. I rolled behind the large tires at the back of the truck. I looked down the road the way we came from before we hit the roadblock. There were a few things moving toward my position. I returned fire again and something told me to look back. I turned my head to look back and I realized I had to move quickly from where I was.

I got to my feet, and jumped into the truck. I pulled the side door closed, ran to the front of the truck and slammed the little sliding door that connected the front of the truck to the back closed. I knew I would be trapped here for awhile, with the body of a dead friend. Through one of the side port holes, I spotted a group of about 25 or 30 of these things stopped on the side of the truck. I knew they would probably stand there till some kind of noise from the roadblock thugs or me got them back moving.

I looked out the other port hole And several of those left in the roadblock were moving slowly, but quietly. I knew I was going to have to get them to set these things in motion. We had placed a spear gun inside the truck after we had finished the remodeling. We joked about it being a single shot weapon and whoever used it better be ready to run.

Never thought the damn thing would come in handy. I'll have to make my shot count on this damn thing. It's not going to be easy. I have to wait for a good clear shot and try to stay quiet when I make the shot. 

I take another look out the other port hole to see how many of those dead bastards were out there. As I peeked through the window, the group had grown. It looked a someone was putting on a free concert and everyone in town and from two cities over was there. I bet there must have been at least 100 or more now. The sea of twisted, ripped, torn clothing and flesh I was looking into was just enough to cause my stomach to try and rid itself of any food or whatever was left in it. I managed to fight the urge to puke. I had to tear my face way from the sea of horror and focus my mind on getting them to rid me of those that had killed my team.

How stupid could I have been. The best way to make the shot was through the gun port we had placed on each side of the truck. This was just in case we were trapped inside a damn horde of the undead. But for some reason, our minds didn't work properly when we had to face the very thing in which we were training against. I grabbed the spear gun, opened the gun port slowly and looked at the roadblock thugs. There was one who was about 10 yards from the truck. He was an easy target, just because he was short, fat and wobbled as he walked around the from of the roadblock.

I need to make sure that my shot didn't kill him, but made him scream and cause the others to open up either with voices or gun fire. I had one shot at this and if I missed, I would be trapped in here till either the roadblock thugs decided to move it or I starved. 

Fat boy stopped in the middle of the road and started walking towards the truck. This was my chance to get this shit right. He stopped just about twelve feet from the truck. I raised the spear gun and lined up the shot. As he turned around to look back at the roadblock, I fired. The spear hit it's mark. It ripped through the man's back and lodged in the man. As close as he was, it should have ripped through him like a hot knife through butter. He turns to look at the truck and I see the spear head sticking out the front of his belly. He turns slowly back at the roadblock and that's when the screams and the voices erupted.

I watched as three men ran towards fat boy and as he hit his knees, fat boy lets out a scream. I turned and got to the window overlooking the dead things on the other side of the truck. Many of them begin to filter to the front and rear of the truck. Of course those few were the ones that got the gun fire going. Once that started, I knew these dumb ass would try and shoot through the truck. I dropped to the floor and crunched myself into a ball between the inner rear fender wells. There was sounds of men and women screaming, moans and cries of the dead and gunfire penetrating the thin walls of the truck.

It felt like hours, but it was a little over 20 minutes when all sounds were nothing more then silence. I knew who had won this battle. Not because of fire power, but by sheer numbers. I stayed in the fetal position for about 30 minutes after the fight was over. After awhile, I had to see. My mind wanted to see the horrible action I had perpetrated upon those just trying to protect themselves. The horror was just to much for my head to wrap around. Blood, guts, body parts and torsos being ripped apart and the dead feeding on the dead. 

I turned away and looked out the other window. There was nothing on that side of the truck. If my team had survived, they would not have approved this, but in this situation and being in the position of leader, i had to do what I thought would be right to protect my team. To bad it had gotten my team killed.

I had to move quickly and move quietly. I checked my tac vest and made sure every pocket and pouch was filled with magazines for my M4 tactical style .22 rifle. The only features i had placed on my rifle was the ACOG, (cross hairs), scope and a tactical light. My pistol in my tac vest was packed with a suppressor, a red lazer sight and a flashlight. I packed one of the tactical packs full with whatever was in the truck for my guns. I was weighted down something fierce.With all the ammo and a few of the extra guns we kept in the truck, that I wasn't leaving behind, I felt like a 1000 lbs water buffalo.

I'm not sure how quiet I was going to be with me loaded down the way I was and from my calculations, I was around 10 miles from my base. So I had one hell of a walk and one hell of a load to carry. Before I put this pack on my back, I checked outside of the truck. I turned to pick up the pack when Mozart's hand grabbed my leg. 

The grip of his dead version of Mozart was way past human strength. I pulled my hunting knife and was about to plunge the damn thing into Mozart;s head when he spoke.

"Dragon..."

kneeling down next to him I whisper to him, "Look, you have to be quiet. We're not out of danger yet, you stubborn little fucker."

Mozart rolls over and rubs his chest.

"What the fuck happened?"

"Dude, I forgot I had put on my blood pack vest. When the bullets started flying, one of them hit the auto knockout button on my vest and it put me out, making it look like I was dead. Where's Little Jon?"

"When he saw you go down, he flipped the hell out. It was like he was Rambo and Hercules rolled into one. He killed a lot of those bastards in the roadblock. But it was short lived. He went down. We're still stuck in the truck, but the roadblock thugs are no more."

"You're plan worked then I take it?"

"Yeah it worked. Worked to well. I didn't know they had women and kids on the other side of the road block. I heard screaming women and children when those walking corpses took the bait. But I can't help that now. It was a shame it  had to come to that, but the situation is now do or die. I made a decision and now I have to live with it."

"Dude, if they would have waited and let us turn around, maybe they would be alive now. But they open fired on us first. So by all rights, every member in that group deserved what they got. Hell, I saw three boys, probably about 12 or 13, up on that stack of overturned cars shooting at us. So they had everyone on the front line fighting the living and the dead. So don't let your maneuver weigh you down. you're still leading this fucking squad and we have to get the fuck out of here."

"I'm working on that right now. How about you switch out tac vests and load up on gear. I might have an idea to lure those dead fuckers off the opposite direction in which we need to head."

"Well clear your head and work it out. I'll load up and be ready to go in 5."

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And here I thought the nurse was laughing at the little weeble. LMAO! Sorry dude. Couldn't resist it.

LOL Figures...(LOL)

LMAO!!!!!!

Hey guys, sorry for the delay on what happens next. But October is a big month in scouting. With Scout night at the local dirt track to Spookaree to even popcorn selling, I'm busy as hell and trying to keep up with things I've got going on is pretty ruff right now.

Please bear with me and I will get back on track once I'm able to get everything finished off with the monthly planning. Once this is done, I'll be able to breath...Right now, I've got a lot on my plate. Specially when the cubmaster has given me the responsibility over this Scout Night at the races. I came up with the idea a year ago and worked on it for a whole year trying to make it work. I got it working. So now I'm in charge of planning this thing out to minor details. If this goes over really well, I'm to take this in front of the BSA councel to turn it into a councel approved yearly activity for the boys...So talk about inserting my foot in my mouth...(ROFLMAO)

well if you put your foot in your mouth. by all means tell us what the toe jam tastes like. LMAO!!! its okay bro. just dont keep us hanging to long. lol. and anyway. i bet that opening in your face can accommodate BOTH FEET! LMAO!!! sorry, couldnt resist that one matey. lol

As the thickness of death engulfs our compound with no regard to the evening mist, the cool wind bristling down my neck, I reached the door to the hole. The morbid and sudden ending vastly approaches quietly without regard for gender, hovering silently above. My mind restlessly contemplating the plethora of inescapable possibilities if we were to be over ran. My eyes burnt from the stench as the door opened into the main hall of the hole.

As I walked to the door in which the child and the woman were being held, the sounds that my heart did not desire to hear began to filter into my ears. I sit the two trays down on the little shelves in which were installed outside each cell. I slide over to the window the view from inside the cell explodes like a volcano. My heart flutters in an erythematic fashion to each new horror I find within this cell of hell. My mind frantically races over every detail as this situation intensifies at an unbearable rate. As I try to find reasoning behind the indescribable mutilation within the hole.

I try to look away, but the desire to peer into the darkness that we face keeps my eyes glued to the screen which separates the reality of yesterday to the reality of today. I try to control the rapid breathing and the sweat beading on my forehead as the sense of dread begin to creep into the very soul of my being, knowing that one of them, the child or the woman would have to be put down. My mind and body unified and I readily prepare myself to stand unscathed in the face of this adrenaline filled situation and still survive the encounter in which I, myself must face.

I open the door, my mind not ready to encompass the view or the time that is at hand. As I face my foe on the battlefield of immortality, the sight of the child gnawing on a bloody, half eaten rib bone sent my body and mind into a state of shock to where I froze. It was like my entire spirit was waiting for the instantaneous outcome to peer into the darkness within those empty eyes of death.

The child’s body erupts with a pro-evil moan, letting all those within the cell block know that it had now succumb to the terror and was now feasting in the victorious splatters of meat and death. The sudden explosion of rage ignited the very fire deep within my soul, forcing me to react to the now immediate danger within the cell. The sound of bones cracking echoed through the halls. Somehow the trays of food were tossed in the torment, the blood splatters all about. My primal self takes the reins, unleashing the inner animal within me to wreak havoc upon this child of pending death.

I slam the limp, lifeless body of the child to the floor. The sheer rage of anger coursing through my veins forcing me out into the hall and over to the cleanser storage room. I pull the door open with utmost urgency and hit the decontaminate switch. All the doors lockdown. The door to the cell which held the woman and the kid closed and locked.

I stormed out of the hole and into the night air. The hissing sounds of the flames within the cells mixes with the sounds of the dead. All I could remember was “Get to the communication center.”

I make way to the little camper in which we had set up as a surveillance and communication room. We had several wireless video cameras installed all around our little compound. About the only thing that we had help in financing was the perimeter wall. It was a good investment. Six foot high, steel reinforced concrete wall with another 3 foot of chain linked fencing embedded into the top of the concrete wall. On top of the chain linked fencing we had placed razor wire. We mounted a video camera at each corner and in the middle of each wall. This gave us a 360 degree view of what was outside our walls.

I head towards the camper. My pace quickens when Mozart opens the door and begins waving at me like a madman. I reach the Communication Center in a few seconds.

“Dragon, look dude.”

Mozart pointed at the monitors.

As I look at the monitors, I see very little. Just as I was about to look towards Mozart, a shimmer of a spark passes across the screen. I flip to another camera and then to another. I flip the little switch to activate all the cameras at once. When they all come to life, the extreme mass of dead injects itself onto my screen.

“Mozart, head to the power shed and kill everything. I’m heading to the blind to get a bird’s eye view. Maybe we might be able to wait this out.”

“What about the two in the hole and the other two in the decontaminate room?”

“The two in the hole are dead. The other two went to the MASH tent. On your way to the power shed, let them know we’re going dark and everyone is to stay put and stay quiet.”

Mozart darts out of the communication center and I head to the crow’s nest.

After reaching the crow's nest, I begin my long climb to the top. Which it didn't take me long to reach the top. Mozart must have reached the power plant, as I grabbed the low light binoculars I picked up from a trade show a year ago, the power went out. As I looked and scanned the area on the outside of our perimeter, the sight I saw was totally unreal.

The sight that I was looking at was like a large ocean of dead corpses floating by the large cruise ship in which I was the captain of. The mass of this large movement of these dead sonuvabitches was nothing like the movies I watched. Simple 30 or 40 dead corpses moving together to a 100 corpses would be considered a horde of the undead. This was nothing like that. This was a fucking huge ass, flesh eating march of the walking dead in which no matter what was in their way would be stripped of their flesh and all organs within less then a minute.

The moving dead ocean was so shocking to be witnessing, that I didn't hear Mozart come up in the crow's nest.

"What's it look like out there?"

"GOD DAMN IT MOZART! You scared the fuck out of me. It's a fucking ocean of dead, dude. I've never seen anything like this. Not even in movies has any one tempted to try and make a scene like that. Here, take a look."

"Holy Shit man. What do we do? We know a herd or a horde of around 100 dead will be held off by the walls, but something of this magnitude, I don't think the fucking gate alone will hold up if this fuckers find out we're here."

"As for now, we just pray that those damn things keep going. If not, we grab the other two and we hit the truck at the back gate. There's no way we would be able to withstand an onslaught like that."

"So the truck at the back is is full?"

"Yeah, I filled it two days ago. It has food, ammo, water and weapons. The only thing I didn't put in it was the explosives. Figured better safe then sorry. The damn heat around here gets pretty bad during the summer. Which you know that."

"I gotcha. So how long do we stay dark?"

"Till this fucking ocean of the dead is out of here. By the look of it, we have at least an hour or two. Probably need to go let the other two know and let them out of the decon room. Let them know they need to stay quiet. Go ahead and take them to the command center. Command center/ communication room. I'll stay here and watch this sea of undead."

Mozart didn't even wait for me to finish. He slid down the ladder and made his way to the decon center. Which is nothing more then a shed with some beds, showers, sinks and some toilets. It's a large utility shed that someone would order from like Home Depot of Lowe's. It's nice, especially the way we fixed it up. Hell, it's the same damn room Mozart tried to lock me in. Dumb fucker.

I ended up focusing back on my watch. It was crazy as fuck. There was like hundred thousand dead people walking past our compound. It took exactly four and a half hours for the entire damn sea of the dead to completely pass. We need to really figure out how to defend ourselves from something like that. The only way I know how to deal with this would be setting booby traps all around the perimeter for at least a mile in ever direction. 

Looks like we have some work to do. I descend the crow's nest and make my way to the command center. As I got closer, I could see the shadows of those inside moving. I reach the door and before I open it, I hear the sounds of what I wasn't wanting to here coming from inside.

I pull my .22 pistol and as I fumbled pulling out my suppressor, the sounds from the inside went silent. I attached my suppressor and reached for the door. As my hand encircles the handle, the door swings open and Mozart and the redheaded nurse were standing there bloody and shaking like two little kids finding out that there's a ghost living in their house.

"What the Hell?"

"I don't know. The kid had no marks or any indication that he was infected. He just went ballistic and tried to tear the hell out of the nurse. It was fight from hell. That little shit was quick as fuck. I couldn't shoot the little bastard, would have really caused a damn mess. Betsy here took his head off in one swipe. That's where all the blood came from.'

"I'm not sure what your name is Red, but are you OK?"

"Names Julie. yeah, it didn't touch me. I was able to stay out of the way while he took care of the problem."

"Well Julie, do you have any idea why or how this happened?"

"The only thing I can figure is that the food we had found was contaminated some how. And since he was the only one that ate back at the campfire, that could be how he got infected. Then again, I did see where someone was sprayed with that black goop that oozes from these people. It took awhile, but the person that was sprayed with the black goop turned. Of course the scientific name of the black goop was called The Black 357."

"That's a fucking dumb name."

"Mozart, relax. Let her finish."

"The Black 357 is highly infectious. It takes 3 hours for the infection to make its way through the body, 5 hours before the first symptoms begin to show and by hour 7, you should be making your peace with whatever god or gods you believe in. I figure that's the reason behind the 357."

"So total time for transformation is 7 hours after infection? But what about the kid? Hell it's be well over the 7 hour mark."

"That's got me puzzled. The only thing I can think of right now at this point in time, is it moves through the human body slower when it's ingested. Maybe the body is trying to fight this infection when the infected material is ingested. But I won't really know anything unless I can get some blood work from this kid and the other in the hole."

"Well, you got plenty of blood here to get from this kid. But as for the others, there's nothing left. The hole was completely decontaminated by fire. The kid had mutated I think before the woman and it went to town on her body. When I opened the door, the damn thing attacked me. It took everything I had to make sure I wasn't infected and I hit the cleaning button. Which locked down all eight of the cells and set fire to everything within the concrete rooms. There's nothing left but burnt ashes and flames scorched falls and floors. We'll have to clean them out also. I guess you two need to head over to the barracks and get cleaned up. We'll try and see if we can use straight bleach and rubbing alcohol to try and save the building and equipment inside. If we can't, we'll burn this damn cabin to the fucking ground..."

It took us forever it seemed like to clean everything. Julie even went into the hole with Mozart and cleaned the hole. We decided to turn the decon cabin into a medical station and the hole the decontamination ward and our jail.

We had a hell of a time getting the local commission to sign off on the creation of our self contained style hole. Basically we had a CDC decontamination style system installed into a large 50's style bunker. The bunker was mostly under ground except for over half of the dome like top. We did change it up a little, but not much. We had a contractor come in and design this thing where it had eight solid concrete rooms with a ventilation tube that would also be used to send a flammable gas into all the rooms and cause a fire.

I actually took a this note from the TV series The Walking Dead. The way the CDC was destroyed at the end of season one. I felt like it would do a more thorough job in decontaminating the rooms after those infected turn. Plus just being able to take a fire hose to spray the room done will be so much easier in making sure the rooms are clean from infection. Now the chemical mixture in which is sprayed from the hose is a strong bleach, lime and water.

Now inside these cells are two wall mounted beds. Sort of like bunk beds, but they are mounted and anchored to the walls. We actually used log chains and steel bed railings to make the beds. Which though they are very uncomfortable, with the sleeper mat, (mostly used for padding under a sleeping bag), and sleeping bag, they aint that bad to sleep on. And with the supplies we stocked up just for this damn place, we won't run short to soon in the mats and sleeping bags.

We were going to modify the Hole, but before we got a chance, the shit it the fan. The modification I wanted to do was each room having it's own cleansing button. But at the time we could only do a main button to control the entire cell block. But I guess what we have will work.

Julie and Mozart ended up finishing the work I guess. I saw the redness of the morning sun begin to crack the tips of the treetops and I guess I passed out over in a corner in the command center. When I was finally awake, it was damn near noon. Everything that had to be done with clean up was finished. I walked into the mess hall and there was Julie and Mozart eating.

"Well about time you woke up damn it. All that damn work and you passed out after the command center was finished. We finished the rest and even got the Hole finished up. So there's nothing to do for now but maybe get to work on setting up a plan on salvaging supplies and maybe rounding up survivors. If there's any out there. Especially from what we saw last night, I'm not betting on anyone being alive in town."

"It's still early. Maybe some were lucky enough to hunker down where they lived and stayed quiet. We won't know anything till we get out there."

"well, you two can work on the plan after you get something to eat. Right now, if you go out trying to get supplies or find people all your going to do is get someone or a lot people killed. Besides getting yourself killed."

"Damn it, I didn't know I was married."

We all had a good laugh....

I pulled up the map in which I had downloaded onto my little laptop that I used for ZTRT business. The map of the town was pretty detailed in showing buildings and houses and all the roads within the Camden city limits. I was able to transplant a grid layout over the map image, this way the search for supplies and the search for survivors would be a little easier. I had more then 50 grid sections in total on the map. Granted this would take us while to cover with just the two of us, but it wouldn't be to bad.

Julie's job was to help with the scavenging of medical supplies. Which this would be a full day of gathering. With the hospital, 6 small medical clinics, 1 pharmacy and the pharmacy at Wal-mart, it will take us pretty much all day in order to gather everything she'll need for the Mash unit cabin. I know the hospital here in town isn't very big, but there are so many small little offices and rooms within the damn place, the best starting point would be the E.R.

I got everyone together and we meet in the command center. 

"Mozart, is the big truck ready for travel?"

"You talking about that U Haul truck? Yeah it's ready to go. But it'll need gas. We got enough fuel in that damn thing to get to town and the nearest gas station. Other then that, it'll be a dead ride. If you know what I mean?"

"I gotcha. But this is what we're going to do. All three of us are going to go to the hospital, Julie is going to get everything she needs for the Med Shack and the Medical cabin. The med shack will be used for medicine storage and her research to see if we can find an immunity solution for this crap. But until then, we'll need supplies and instruments for medical situations in which we might come across."

"Well, at the lab there'll be everything I need. But I'm sure it'll fill up the truck."

"I doubt it. We have the 18 foot moving truck that U Haul was selling. It's one step below needing a CDl's to drive it. So we got off luck there. But as it stands right now, hell if we find one of those damn trucks, we'll use the damn thing. But I think we can clean out the lab and the rest of the hospital before we have to come back here. We might even be able to clean out the rest of the places before we have to return."

"But if these things start following us, what do we do?"

"Mozart, you know what to do. We split up and the one driving the truck will take the long loop to get back here. I'll be following you in that old, beat up piece of shit car. We put a muffler on it just a few days ago. We didn't mount it properly so it'll take no time to kick the damn thing off and I can drive around on the other side of town and draw any of those dead heads away from you and Julie while you're at the hospital."

"Well, it sounds like we have a plan. So it's me and Mozart in the moving truck and you in that rust bucket."

"How long before we roll out?"

"Well, lets gear up and make sure everyone has two guns and blade. The blade will allow us to move through the hospital quickly and quietly. Once you two are inside, you're on your own. Just make sure you clear your corners, closets and every little hiding and dark spot. You have 3 hours and then I'll contact you on the radio. Keep the volume turned down just in case you have company. I'll ditch the truck about 3 miles from camp and leave it running."

"You know there's Lover's Drop just shy of 4 miles from camp. You could actually ditch the truck there if you have a following and let it roll off the edge of the 400 foot drop off."

"Why do they call it Lover's Drop?"

"Well Julie, you remember back in the early eighties when those six couples jumped off a cliff?"

"Yeah, I heard something about it."

"Those six couples that took the plunge sort a say, three of them were married and the other 3 were just lovers that felt the end was near. So they all jumped. That's how the name Lover's Drop came to be. Kind of a play on words I guess. But anyways, meet at the truck in 20. We have a lot to do and not a whole hell of a lot of time to do it. If you get done at the hospital got to Wal-mart. We'll clear out the camping and hunting aisles and clean out the pharmacy area as well."

"Dragon, you going to want your normal stuff?"

"Yeah, the .22 tactical assault rifle and I have my pistol. But I want Titan as well. That big motherfucker will work to draw any of those dead fucks towards me with no problems. While you're in the armory, grab my Spartan sword. If I'm the bait, I want shit I know will take out even the most hardest head out there. Give Julie the silenced 9mm springfield and the .223 rifle. Then whatever you want. I'll be waiting by the trucks."

I was waiting by the truck when I got the idea of hooking my ride to the big truck. I knew this old bucket had at least half a tank of fuel in it, so I decided to drain out half of what the old truck had and put it in the moving van. I figured this would give it a little extra and would allow the big U Haul truck to pull my hunk of junk to the station just 2 miles outside of town. We would fill both trucks there and then I would drive on ahead about a mile and start the call of a canned meal for these fuckers.

Julie and Mozart walked up while I was finishing up the transfer of gas.

"Dragon what the hell are you doing?"

"Ok, here's the plan. You know that gas station just a couple of miles outside of town? We're going to hit it first off. We'll fill up both trucks and the fuel cans I placed inside the box of the big truck. It's just a few extra cans, not enough to give the big truck a full tank but enough to make sure if you have to take the long way around, you won't run out. We're going to hook my truck to the U Haul truck and we'll pull it to the station and then we'll unhook it and I'll drive it from there. That way we only have one loud truck running from our camp."

"Wow, you thought of all that by yourself. I'm proud of you. Looks like all those damn leadership books from Quixstar really worked."

"What the hell?? You had to bring that damn thing up now...You dick."

Mozart laughed and Julie stood there with a shit eating grin on her face. I couldn't help it, I laughed a little too. It was business venture in which didn't take off like I thought it would. Specially in the rural area search as Camden was. 

Mozart and I hooked the pull bar to the trucks and we all piled into the U Haul truck. Nothing was really said on the trip into town. It was a quiet ride. It didn't take too long for use to reach the Tumbling Bird gas station. We pulled up to where the pick up would be in front of the pumps. I jumped out of the truck and unhooked the tow bar from the U Haul truck and then unhooked the bar from the front of the old bucket. Mozart pulled back around and we got ready to pump the gas. We had the pump handles ready to be squeezed, but had to go inside to turn the pumps on.

Julie stayed by the trucks while Mozart and me went into the station. The loud beeping from behind the counter told me the power to this station was still on. Luckily Mozart worked at a service station, so he knew what to do. While Mozart went behind the counter, I kinda went on a scrounging mode. I walked a little deeper in the little store, which wasn't but three or four aisles and coolers along the wall. 

I new we would need just about everything in this place. So after the medical supply run, we would go and start taking everything in the stores. Clothes, food and whatever else was inside them. We would leave nothing for anyone else to come in and take. We would have it all. Everything in which to last as long as we can at the ZTRT compound. 

I shook my head as I put it back on track. Mozart and myself exited the store and went to the pumps. Julie had finished filling up my junker clunker and was damn near finished filling up the U Haul when I spotted at least three dead wobbling towards us. 

I could fill the tension of the fear Julie had collapse on her. She froze. I motioned towards Mozart and he looked. He didn't waste anytime, he was beside Julie and was kind of pushing her into tr truck. Julie seemed to snap out of it as soon as she looked at Mozart. 

I think those two had something going. And I think it all started with the Tweety bird tattoo.

Julie climbed up into the driver's seat and then made her way to the passenger seat. I motioned for Mozart to get in. I would stand there and finish filling up the big truck. Which only took another three minutes. But those three minutes took forever. Once the gas was pouring over onto the ground, I put the cap back on and slapped the side of the truck. Mozart started it up and looked in the side mirror.

I flagged him to go. He wasted no time in dropping the truck into gear and stomping on the gas pedal. As the truck roared and started moving forward, it revealed the ten or fifteen of the undead screwheads that were coming out of the front of the station. I looked towards the big truck and Mozart had taken out the three that were crossing the threshold of the parking lot. I turned back to the group that was coming out of the station. They were shambling and moving slower then the ocean of the dead I had witnessed just a few short hours ago.

Thinking faster then I ever had, I pulled my Zippo lighter from my pocket and lit it. I held it in front of the nozzle and squeezed the handle. The fuel erupted into a large flame and was spraying everywhere the handle was pointed. The pressure from the pump wasn't strong enough to reach the distance from the pump to the store so I just kept the nozzle squeezed and did a sweeping motion with it. This created a barrier of sorts. But instead of using this to make my run, I kept it up for around another minute or so. Then I heard it. The whistle. The whistle from the pump nozzle was letting me know that the heat and the flames was reaching the point where it was just shy of reaching the buried fuel tank. I knew then I had about 30 seconds to get my ass to safety.

I dropped the nozzle and ran for the truck. I jumped in and turned the key. Nothing. I looked to my left and saw that the pumps were on fire. The nozzle I was using as a makeshift flamethrower had melted to the pump to where the handle was locked open.

I turned back to the task at hand. My mind wondered just a few seconds to where I felt the dread of being burned alive. I turned the key again and the truck fired to life. I threw the truck into gear and dropped both feet on the gas pedal. The back tires of the truck spun and then caught the hot asphalt underneath them and the truck launched forward like a bullet being fired from a gun. Just as the truck left the pumps, the pump that I had used for a flamethrower blew. The blast sent the ass end of the truck sideways and I swung the wheel to counter. Suddenly the other pump blew and engulfed the entire station and the truck. Then I heard the tank explode. 

Not being able to see where I was going, I was leaving my life to my head to remember the way to the exit. Flames surrounding me and the heat burning the outside of the truck and the heat inside the truck was unbearable. I just forced myself to not think about what was happening. 

I pressed as hard as I could on the gas pedal hoping that I was heading out of this fucking hell I had created to try and save my life. I just kept looking straight into the swirling and laughing flames as I pushed forward through the massive ball of fire. I heard the metal of the truck begin to crackle and sizzle, I saw and felt the vinyl in the truck begin to melt. The heat inside the truck had sweat rolling down my head and into my eyes. I felt like an ice cream cone melting in the summer heat.

Suddenly the other tank blew and it launched the ass end of the truck up into the air. The feeling of death had reached the very essence of my soul and spirit and I was just about to let the flames and the heat take me, when the front of the truck broke free and I saw the pavement of the road. The back of the truck slammed to the ground and with my foot still on the gas pedal, the tires screamed and the crunch of the truck frame slamming into the pavement shot new life back into my body. 

I couldn't get my foot to stop pressing the go go pedal. It took me about 45 of 50 seconds and the muscles in my body begin to respond to the commands of my mind. I slam the brakes hard and turn the wheel. Sending the truck into a sliding skid. The truck comes to a stop facing the large, huge mess I had created. I heard the rumbling of the U Haul truck and I reached down to grab the door handle and that's when I felt what kind of heat I was in. I burnt the shit out of the tips of my fingers. I used my shirt and opened the door. I jumped out of the truck and when my head had wrapped around what I had just faced, my adrenaline rushed into my head and I started screaming and laughing.

"FUCK YOU!!! YOU CAN'T KILL ME!!! I AM DEATH MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"

Mozart and Julie both jumped from the big truck and looked at me like I had just lost my mind. I turned and saw them standing there. I just broke out laughing. I reached into my tac vest and pulled out my cigarettes. Julie stood there with a look of shock on her face and Mozart was looking like he had just seen the face of God.

I lit my cigarette and stood there for a minute collecting myself. When my senses started collecting back together and I felt myself calming down from the excitement. 

"GODDAMN IT MAN!!! I thought I had lost you man. What the fuck? How the hell? Man don't you ever do that shit again. I can't think on my feet like you can you fucking idiot."

"Calm down Mozart. I knew what I was doing."

"Yeah, ok. So you say. Looks as though you executed a quick think plan and damn near lost your life trying to save others. Are you fucking mad dude?"

"Nope, just one motherfucker that ain't going to die without a fight. And if Death thinks he's going to take me before I'm ready, that sonuvabitch better try harder then that. Fire can't kill this Dragon and ain't no fucking dead motherfuckers going to kill this Dragon."

"DUDE, you're fucking crazy."

"I need a drink..."

Mozart started laughing and I started laughing and then Julie start laughing. 

It took us no time to reach the hospital. And with the explosion I had just did, all the noise had probably drawn everything without a pulse towards it. So we all three went into the hospital and cleaned as much out as we could. Everything we took filled the truck half way up with equipment and supplies.

We decided to push our luck a little. So instead of heading back, we hit the pharmacy next. We cleared the damn shelves and took the refrigerators that held the shit that needed to be temperature controlled. We left nothing for anyone to take from the pharmacy or the clinics. We did however leave a few bottles of vitamins in Wal-mart behind. We didn't want to be to damn greedy.

The entire adventure of gathering medical supplies was really uneventful. Nothing came after us. We actually had no problems. Plus we finished clearing everything medical related out of all the buildings with still time to spare. I figured we would be out all day, but we were back at the compound by early evening. With no survivors found, we decided to call it night. 

Hell I was ready for some sleep. But I decided to take first watch. Taking first watch means you would get to sleep most of the damn night. When Julie came out of Lil' John's quarters, I was kind of shocked. Not really knowing this chick, I wasn't really ready to give her a watch be herself. 

"Dragon, I figured you could use a cup of coffee."

"Thanks. It'll help."

"You still don't trust me?"

"Actually, you're right there. You handled yourself pretty good out there. Specially since we had nothing that confronted us. SO your skill level in which we need has yet to be tested."

"I was a nurse for over 4 years before this shit happened. So I have skills that are needed."

"This is true. That's why we haven't threw you out on your pretty little ass yet. but even without your skills, you could come in pretty handy."

I smiled and lit a cigarette. I don't think she liked what I said. Because she turned around and stormed off with her little ass just a shacking.

"Better watch it, you don't have that many fried to serve with that shake..."

I laughed and continued my patrol as she disappeared into Lil' John's quarters.

RSS

Wicked Books

Our Sponsors

View more gifts at Zazzle.

WICKED ZOMBIES members appreciation.

The WICKED member who has unyielding Dedication and Loyalty to the KOMRADZ:

Priest

The WICKED member who has Outstanding Constancy:

Jessie W. Garrett III

The WICKED member who Contributed the most Original Zombie Discussions and Replies:

saint.357

They will receive a WICKED ZOMBIES Goody Box with Wicked Treats.

Blog Posts

Going through a lot

Well, wanted to juststop in and check on things...Been a long time since I have stopped by...Well things are not going as well as I would have hoped, but, you know, that's life...

Some good things are my son, has turned 18 and has also graduated high school...I'm very proud of him...He has plans of going back to school after the getting a job and saving money for the school with the music production studies he wants to do...So I am very proud of…

Continue

Posted by Jessie W. Garrett III on June 26, 2023 at 1:00am

© 2024   Created by Komrad Venessa Wicked☭.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Groups Forum Videos Photos Blogs Invite You Friends My Page Main Page