Wicked Zombies

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...MAYBE TWICE!

Hey All,

I've been reading a lot more since my mother-in-law got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas this year. From Dec. 25 till this morning, I've read a but load of books on or about the subject of zombies.

So I've decided not to give the story plots away, but give you my list and review some of the books I've read so far. Which is a lot. It's a total of 40 books in all. I'm going to put a few up with a short review without giving the plot away to much. Lets get started...

Chaos Campus: Sorority girls VS. Zombies

This is a comic book that has probably been out for a little while. The comic starts out at a Frat or Sorority Party and goes from there. This has turn into a very interesting read. No it's nothing along the lines of The Walking Dead comics, but I can't wait to get the 3rd issue. The fact that they have an interesting way to keep people from turning and the addition to the use of a little (lack of a better term), black magick or witchcraft is kind of cool. Now this isn't some sailor moon, rainbow brite meets the undead bullshit. It actually is kind of interesting on the way the story is going from the first 2 issues is pretty good. Especially since there is some lesbian indoendos within the comic. Which is kind of cool because it adds to some of the comic relief after some of the action. And the Thriller reference in issue 2 was funny as hell. 

I say this is a must read for those who love comics and would like a change from the norm in the Zombie genre.

Aftermath: Found/Wanderer/ Survivor (by Richard Schwarz)

These three short stories are told from a woman's point of view. Which kind of caught me off guard a little. Because a male author writing from a woman's point of view was kind of weird to me. How in the hell could a male writer know what a woman could or would say during a zombie apocalypse. But as a read more into the story, I think he did a very good job. It was one short series, in which I hope he continues the story because of the way he left it ended the last book. It left a wide open range of where he could go with it. I actually enjoyed these a lot more then I thought. I would recommend these short books to anyone that asks about them.

Zombie Tales (by Robert DeCoteau)

These short stories within this little series I really enjoyed from start to finish and hope he keeps writing more. These short stories take place before, during and s few after the Z-poc. They each tell the story from many different views. The cool thing about them is they are all from different residents within the same apartment complex. Which is interesting. The different views are amazingly different from each person. 

Deadlocked 1 (by A.R. Wise)

I like this book. Plain and simple. It starts off with a father at work and then deals with his journey to reach his home when all hell breaks lose. It also tells the sacrifices that he made in order to make it home and to get his family to safety. I am interested in getting book 2 to see what happens next. Not many books can keep my attention like this one did. I finished this book in about an hour. Which lead me to wanting more, but I was broke and couldn't get the next one for my kindle. So yeah, this would be a good read for all fathers and/or males with children. 

LZR-1143 collection (by Bryan James)

I've started reading these books about a year ago on my Nook to PC program and fell in love with these books. Specially the twist within book 2. When a book captures my attention to where I can't put it down I literally spend my last few dollars to get book 2, it's a very good read. 

I recommend this series to anyone and everyone from those who are starting to get into the zombie genre to the most veteran zombie reader. 

There are many more books I've read and will be placing those on a list of recommended reading for all zombie fan readers. I won't be reviewing all of them, it would take way to long. These books are nothing more then for entertainment. Which from time to time you have to do, because there is only so much survival and research reading you can do before you burn yourself out. So for a little while I will be placing books for entertainment purposes only. Though if you are anything like me, you every now and then find yourself yelling at the main character about how stupid they were for doing something that we know to be wrong. (LOL)

I hope I picked a few books that you will enjoy reading and have as much fun as I did reading them.  Enjoy!

Views: 921

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm starting Clickers vs Zombies tomorrow and I'm super excited about it.

premise?

O.K!! "The Walking Dead: Rise of The Governer" officially has my mind blown right now!!

I just finished reading it tonight, and all I can say is wow!! The book is wonderfully written and keeps you entertained throughout; not just as a Walking Dead fan wondering how The Governer came to be, but also as any casual zombie lover. This book/trilogy could easily stand on its own as a story!! Read it!!

the books talked about sound good. but i like books that give you know how like The Zombie Survival Guide.

I just finished reading The Dead Walk Diaries Night By: Joe Young

The story and all the peoples accounts are based on the first night the living-dead attacked the living, there is plenty going on in this first night to create some great storytelling. The pacing of the novel is well done as all the characters got their emotions across in the time allotted. I wish it would have had a few more characters in order to have extended the book for longer because it was a lot of fun.

Just finished another book. 

HollowLand by Amanda Hocking

The pace of this book was pretty fast. It dealt with another teenage girl dealing with the zombie apocalypse. The twist was that her and her little brother were immune to the infection which turned others into flesh eating cannibals.

Anyways, the story line was pretty good, not the best in the world, but was still entertaining. There were quarentined areas that were built to protect the living, in which during a scouting or rescue mission, Remy and her little brother were found. Well the twist goes something like this within a small nutshell.

when found, her brother had been bitten and never showed signs of the infection. During Remy's stay within the quarantine they kept the brother in sick bay, Remy learned how to shoot/ fight and take care of herself. The infected attack the quarantine and Remy's brother was evacuated. So starts her journey to find her brother. She becomes friends with a paramedic, a rock start and a lion. They run across an occult like group, hostile living humans and rescue a few people during Remy's search for her brother.

Now the thing that caught my attention and held my interest was the fact of the lion and how animals were never infected or immune to the infection. It never went into detail on why this was, but the thought of having a lion, tiger, bear or a large animal on your side in a fight against the dead was fascinating in its own right. 

I also thought the intro to an occult base type group was something new compared to some of the other books I've read. Though it was a simple stop for an overnight stay. Which I was kind of disappointed about, the quick and insane pace in which the situation came and gone. I was kind of hoping the situation with the occult would have lasted a little longer, but it seemed the author pushed through it fast to reach the point in which Remy locates her brother.

Now even though the time line within the first government quarantine moved within a period of 5 or 6 days, the end result was she finds her brother and finds out what hell the so-called scientists were putting her brother through. In which she ends up coming up with a plan to save him and get him to safety.

I would give this book a 3 out of 5. Now I did enjoy it, but the pace in which some of the events happened just seemed rush. But other then that, I would recommend this book to even the most novice zombie fan...

HollowLand sounds like not your average zombie book. Wicked review!

Hey All,

I just finished The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor......HOLY SHIT!!! 

One I wasn't expecting the ending. That actually through me for a loop. But lets start from the front of the book.

It took me a few to get started in this book. I guess I was expecting more of a rollercoaster ride through some form of Dante's inferno. But what I found was more to the inner insanity in which one would have to face and the emotional impact of finding somewhere to be safe for awhile till something happens forcing our characters back out into the world of the Undead. Being overran is a natural thing, but when it came to rape and being attacked by people who wanted what they had and searching for the CDC in Atlanta, the mental state and the emotional status of the entire group had been tested. And when you think their sanity and their emotional state couldn't be tested any further, it pushes to the surprising ending in which throws one hell of a Monkey wrench into your head and a fast ball, curve ball combo into the world of The Walking Dead. Especially if you are a fan of the AMC series, THe Walking Dead.

This is a MASSIVE MUST READ FOR ALL THE WALKING DEAD FANS.

Five out of Five Skulls

thanks for the info. i will have to get this.

yea I mentioned this one earlier, I finished it about 2 weeks ago...isn't that ending fucking insane!!?? Book was phenomenal throughout! I can't wait to read the remaining two in the trilogy...Kirkman is an excellent author.

That ending was a total mind freak. I wasn't expecting that, that's for sure. And the shit poor little Penny went through was crazy. I felt so sorry for her....

I'm hoping that I'll have enough to get the next next book on my Kindle. I tell you, this Kindle has really boosted my reading up a lot.

I've found several survival guides I will be reading the upcoming weeks and will posting a review on these. so keep an eye out for my next review.

RSS

Wicked Books

Our Sponsors

View more gifts at Zazzle.

WICKED ZOMBIES members appreciation.

The WICKED member who has unyielding Dedication and Loyalty to the KOMRADZ:

Priest

The WICKED member who has Outstanding Constancy:

Jessie W. Garrett III

The WICKED member who Contributed the most Original Zombie Discussions and Replies:

saint.357

They will receive a WICKED ZOMBIES Goody Box with Wicked Treats.

Blog Posts

Going through a lot

Well, wanted to juststop in and check on things...Been a long time since I have stopped by...Well things are not going as well as I would have hoped, but, you know, that's life...

Some good things are my son, has turned 18 and has also graduated high school...I'm very proud of him...He has plans of going back to school after the getting a job and saving money for the school with the music production studies he wants to do...So I am very proud of…

Continue

Posted by Jessie W. Garrett III on June 26, 2023 at 1:00am

© 2024   Created by Komrad Venessa Wicked☭.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Groups Forum Videos Photos Blogs Invite You Friends My Page Main Page