Wicked Zombies

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...MAYBE TWICE!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b8c1cc1afe548e89dc9c6a11d5968a81/tumblr_mhuycaKpA11s3hp12o1_500.jpg

so while researching for my zombie hunter con costume i fell in love with post apocalyptic cosplay. everything from fallout props to original works. it's just such a cool look and you can do anything with it. it requires little money if you know how to scavenge and helps prepare all of us for what it's gonna be like after they rise. i felt wickedzombies was a good place to bring this to help expand the site. so with all that in mind I'm going to be posting cool stuff i make and design here. and if you catch the bug or maybe if you already have it then i welcome you to post your stuff here too.

Views: 11718

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cool post if when you can.

i would like to see to.

Do you have a workshop that you do all of your prepping in?

i gotta war room but do to certain recent developments it's also now serving as my work play and live room.

Caught another episode of the SyFy cosplay show last night. It seems to me that so many of the people in this show wait damn near to the To Late point to start designing a costume. Is this like standard practice or is it just an element they threw into the show to make it a little more exciting??

I have a suggestion for attaching things to your costumes. Instead of gluing or sewing how about pop rivets? It would give it a more futuristic look I think. Specially if you didn't paint them. You just left them shiny...

i think it depends on the person and how many cons they plan to go too. some people go to dozens of them every year like that Chinese chick who's the judge. it's like their job so it comes down to the wire. others plan for only one con with the biggest prizes and spend months making those. obviously scifi chose these people cause they're entertaining which is why they probably always go down to the wire.

I'm sure they use them when its appropriate. most times they're recreating a costume from a character so getting every detail right is very important. i really like this show its fun.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the hell out of the show...I was just thinking you can plan 3 or four cons or even more then that, just space them out way more then every month...(L)

But I guess they know more about it then me...(LOL) Even though the women are sexy as hell...(LOL)

Anyways, just wanted to know. 

don't forget this is a job for the hard core cosplayers. that prize money is their paycheck. but there's no guaranty that they will win each time so they gotta try to fit as many in to the year as they can. gotta pay the bills right its not a hobby to these people its a job.

still would be fun to jump in with the pros just to see where one would turn up. get a few purnters at best. lol

I finally figured out what in the hell to do with all the satellite dishes.

I already have 2 of them converted into shields, as my boy showed off earlier. Great for deflecting one or two zombies or protecting yourself from blood splatter. Plus the end of the bolts sticking out the front side can be used to cause minor damage.

Anyways, getting back on track. (L) The large Dishnet satellite will be cut into sections to create shielding for the calf muscles on my lineman boots. And since this thing is like double the size of 2 regular satellite dishes. So there'll be enough left over so I can try my hand at making some bucklers for the forearms. Will definitely take some beating on the bucklers to get them shaped just right. But a 2X4 and my 2 pound lineman hammer should do the trick for shaping.

So far that's the plan. Just getting those pieces cut and shaped will take a little bit. As for attaching the pieces to my boots, I'll use pop rivets. I would like to have the buttons on the outside, but that leaves the backside inside the boots poking and ripping the hell out of the back of my leg. I could turn them around. But that puts the buttons on the inside. Actually now that I think about it, I can turn them to where the buttons are on the inside which would save my leg. I can take a few rivets and use pop them on something. Then take a drill and drill out the center, which would only leave the button or washer, (whatever you want to call it), place the rivet through the fastening hole of the boot and metal, place the washer on the outside, over the rivet and attach it that way. I'll have buttons on the inside, which will be smooth and on the outside I'll have buttons too. Which makes it look a whole hell of a lot nicer to the eye.

Notice the two pieces of armor on the back of the boot, this is sort of close of the look. I'm actually going to use one piece of metal as the shield on the back of the boot. The side of the boot will have one of the Alamo Guns (shameless plug for my favorite store), boot knife attached to it. Thus allowing the wearer a way to carry that little something extra that may be needed. I haven't decided where to add just one knife or one knife for each boot. I've actually thought about doing a knife on each boot. This way I can hide one knife in the armor and keeping the other kind of visible. So once I'm searched, if captured, I can still have a way to rid myself of my bonds and defend myself as I make my escape.

Would love to have one of the original Punisher Skull stilettos for the hidden blade. But that's ok, i'll make do with what I can find...Unless i get started on this and that's just one piece I need to have my outfit pop. Just all depends......To the right is a pic of the 1989 Original The Punisher movie prop.

As for the bucklers, I'll have to find a couple pieces of leather to mount the metal too. Of course more pop rivets will be needed...

(LOL) Once I get an idea of using something, ever notice how much I keep using it?? (LOL)

I want to make sure that I have full range of motion of my wrists. 

And just to give those of you a look at what I'm talking about, I found a pic of what I'm wanting to do. Look at the costume piece that covers most of Kevin's forearms...Girls, not the man's body...(LOL)

Mine won't be that decorative, unless I get the itch to give it some Rick Flair....(LOL)

As for the self protection of my body, from the metal rubbing skin, I'm going to find an old leather jacket, with lace-up sleeves and cut the sleeves off and us that as the barrier between my skin and any sharp edges or chapping that may happen. I will have the bucklers running about as long as the ones in the pic to the left, except for maybe a couple of inches shorter. This should allow me full range of motion with my whole arm and not cause any cuts or scratches from the edges of the metal. Which at the end of the metal that will be near the bend of my elbow, I could actually lap a piece of the leather over it and fasten the cover flap, the metal and the leather sleeve together all in one shot. Which makes since...

(Sorry, talking to myself...I do that from time to time...Just never thought it would happen when I'm trying to post something...(LOL))

As for the rest of the leather jacket, I could do something with it. Which means a little more ROAD WARRIOR, MAD MAX look...Which I've always loved. Maybe try and do something Like the pic below, but add y own style to it.

Something with spikes, a badge w/ a Dragon on it and maybe add some a few pieces of metal to it. Might even add a small strain of neon blue lights too...If I can figure out how to do it. (LOL) Probably need to find some old football shoulder pads that I can cut up and add a section here or there to the jacket, well vest at this point...(L) 

As for the front leg and knee pieces, I think I can find. Just need to look around to see if I can find them. I'm pretty sure my Bro Rhino has some...

As for the pants, I really haven't reached that far in planning this costume out. Not sure if I want to with jeans, which are comfortable as hell to me, or go with some sort of BDU or EMT style pants. Wait, i got an old pair of Jesse James pants. All I have to do is have a couple of pouches sewn on to them. Hell, I bought these things a couple of years ago and the only thing wrong with them are the front button has come off.

That's an easy fix there. And hey, they're the same color as the pants to the left. Maybe with a few minor alterations they'll bring the costume to full completion.

I think some metal studs, chains, a couple of straps and buckles will really make them pop. I think all that would be pretty close to kind of bring the steampunk kind of look to the costume. Steampunk, Mad Max and the Post Apocalyptic look all combined into one bad ass looking outfit. That, if I can do it right, can be used as armor for the Z-poc...

This is the plan. Now just having to get everything, the stubs, the chains, belts, straps and buckles will take a little while. Plus some of the larger things like the shoulder pads, the leather jacket, the badge, and the spikes will take some time. Might not be ready for this Halloween, but I'm scheduling the date of completion for next Halloween. This way i can work on getting everything together. Now as far as metal work and the boots, I can do that as soon as I pick up some tin snips. Need to pick up some spikes and maybe a few more Dragon emblems. May take a little to get it finish, but I'll try and post pics up as I start and finish each piece or pieces...

I'm no designer that's for damn sure, but I'll give it a try...(LOL)

Bio-terrorist maybe, but no designer....(ROFLMAO)  

Just joking about the bio thing...Just and inside joke...Right Saint and Rhino??  (LOL)

really nice flushed out idea their man post pics all along the making so we can see it come together if it's even half as cool as you make it sound i think you got something there. for the lights research e l wire its basically high tech neon you can sew on clothes.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/osckey/ElWire2.jpg

RSS

Wicked Books

Our Sponsors

View more gifts at Zazzle.

WICKED ZOMBIES members appreciation.

The WICKED member who has unyielding Dedication and Loyalty to the KOMRADZ:

Priest

The WICKED member who has Outstanding Constancy:

Jessie W. Garrett III

The WICKED member who Contributed the most Original Zombie Discussions and Replies:

saint.357

They will receive a WICKED ZOMBIES Goody Box with Wicked Treats.

Blog Posts

Going through a lot

Well, wanted to juststop in and check on things...Been a long time since I have stopped by...Well things are not going as well as I would have hoped, but, you know, that's life...

Some good things are my son, has turned 18 and has also graduated high school...I'm very proud of him...He has plans of going back to school after the getting a job and saving money for the school with the music production studies he wants to do...So I am very proud of…

Continue

Posted by Jessie W. Garrett III on June 26, 2023 at 1:00am

© 2024   Created by Komrad Venessa Wicked☭.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Groups Forum Videos Photos Blogs Invite You Friends My Page Main Page