Wicked Zombies

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...MAYBE TWICE!

Hey All,

I know we all have tons of different sites we visit to read either free books of even free comics...Thanks to our friends at Under the Flesh, which I am a fan of, I was also able to find a link that gives 100's of other free Webcomics...

There are two I have been reading that have really caught my eye...

The first one is Zombie Ranch, http://www.zombieranchcomic.com , The main character is a woman who runs a ranch...The livestock, well deadstock that they round up and gather are actual zombies...You'll have to read the comic in order to find out why in the hell someone would be round up zombies...Take a look...

The second one I am reading is called, Dead Winter, http://deadwinter.cc/ , it's a totally different style in comic art...But so far, I'm still reading it, it's pretty good...A lot of little side stories...Kind of reminds me of a George A. Romero Living Dead storyline...

I'm also looking into a couple of other zombie comics, but right now I'm working on the top two...And the link I am including at the bottom is the link to many online webcomics in which comes such a array of many comic reader's worlds, that you are bound to find one you will want to keep up with or even use as a distraction as we wait for the next installment of Under the Flesh...

Here you go, take a look and have a blast...And thanks to UTF staff, because I sure in the hell wouldn't have found the site if it wasn't for them...Give the site a look...There's tons of comics here and here is the site...

http://topwebcomics.com/

Have fun and enjoy....

Views: 566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found a link where you can get to download Remote #1 for free!

http://newcomic.org/17087-remote-01-dead-air.html

Nice...Will take a look....

Looks good saint thanks for the update.

This week marks the release of Double Take Comics’ first wave of ten original books that all take place during the same unofficial extended universe of George A. Romero’s 1968 classic, The Night of The Living Dead. Set in 1966, there’s something strange happening in Pennsylvania. If you’re at all a fan or even have any peripheral knowledge of the original source material, then you already know they’re coming to get you, Barbara. Reading all ten collectively, I do recommend that fans of the horror genre pick all of these up to get a comprehensive view of an exciting new adventure in the creepy and inspiring world where the dead are out of their graves.

Bill Jemas is the main brain behind Double Take Comics, the new comic distribution imprint from Take-Two Interactive, the video game distributor that brought us some of the most popular modern games including Grand Theft Auto, Bioshock, Borderlands, and many more. The bar is high for quality, and these comics are a solid start to building an expanded universe of these beloved zombies. Yet, it’s a rough start. It’s a new company exploring a very ambitious goal of releasing ten new books at once. It can work, but a giant cross-over universe thrown at us all at once is overwhelming. The new teams are all talented writers both new and old, but some are trapped by bland shaggy dog stories that seem to only be filler until a quick climax. I’m hoping for a more delayed satisfaction, overall.

Formerly the vice president of Marvel Comics and a slew of other entrepreneurial endeavors, Jemas is involved in the story creation of each series. He pens Spring #1: Born Again with Jenn Sodini and John Flynn, Honor #1: Protect. Burn. Beat. Burn. with Frank Ortega, which focuses more on the crime and police side of the equation. This world is one built from love of the classic property and Jemas says there are plans to expand beyond what the movie(s) have shown us, even possible titles to start including superheroes. There’s promise in this extended universe, well, “Ultimate” universe. Is there some connection between the usage of “Ultimate” here and at Marvel? Not exclusively, but marketing wise, it is a great, albeit formidable, pitch.

Slide01

A property that’s in the public domain like The Night of The Living Dead has an unlimited potential to explore and each of these new series takes a slightly different take on the unholy events occurring in the in Evans County, PA. There is no listed reading order, so you can really jump into any one and still get something from a title. There’s no forward or anything that mentions these books are all part of this announced “Ultimate Night of the Living Dead” event despite all of them taking place within miles of each other, and, eventually, thematically touching on the zombie elements.

There are some infographics in which I expected to find Easter eggs, but the most informative thing is a small map in the back that shows where each book is taking place and from there I judged where to begin. Going in only knowing the basic premise, I had to pick by what cover grabbed me first. Unfortunately but unsurprisingly in this age of comics, the cover art is not the same as in any of the books and the disparity in quality is upsetting and misleading on most of them. The gorgeous cover for Spring #1: Born Again by Frederica Manfredi, featured in Rise, is lost to the very distracting amateurish and inconsistent interiors. Spring takes place at Lake Mitena and everyone is ready to have a relaxing time smoking weed and swimming around in the slight PG-13 nude. Of course, the undead lurk in the water waiting for their chance to snatch some unsuspecting teens away from an otherwise perfect summer. There’s more care to some of the main characters at certain points, but it gets lost in messy coloring and highlighting. With a few review sessions on sequential art, the movement from panel to panel could be far less awkward because as they stand now, the lack of smooth transitions from one second to the next throw away details of simple background movements of characters. No one reacts from panel to panel and that could easily be tweaked to be more engaging.

Slide06

I suggest starting with Rise #1: Sister’s Keeper penned by Michael Coast and Jeff McComsey and penciled by Federica Manredi. Here we’re just off Main St. visiting the cemetery with the cult favorites Barbara and Johnny, plus a few hundred other unexpected, slow, and very hungry attendees. This one has probably the most consistent art and coloring by Vladimir Popov. The graveyard scenes have darker beauty with almost water-color look to them that adds story momentum from one panel to the next. Yet, once the scene changes, it gets strange. The amount of daylight makes a huge difference in the art style and coloring. I want to believe that’s intentional, somehow. There are some art choices, mainly flat and expressionless faces and extremely awkward body poses from characters that are not zombies. These are elements that are inexcusably distracting because the artists are talented, but it feels like the final run editing of the books didn’t address these glaring mistakes. Somehow some characters are… resurrected… for some reason?

Slide03

The pacing in Spring and Home suffers from zombie trope fatigue in which the story centers around the last few pages for the not-too-surprising “shock” endings. They’re obviously re-establishing the universe through fresher characters discovering the dismay ahead of them. Like Zenoscope and Avatar, Double Take Comics is digging their own niche in the horror comics genre. Yet, we must wait for the gore and get through this first wave of on-slaughters to get to the full-course meal.

However, if this endeavor is to succeed, then I’ll need a little more meat to chew on. Right now, I’m searching for more than scraps to really enjoy, which is unfortunate because there is a wealth of positive things in these books, but they are too spread out. As a whole, this isn’t quite the dish I wanted, but there’s plenty for fans to devour. I just want more brains and, definitely, more consistent lettering throughout the books. Series are expected to continue monthly in 2016 after an evaluation period in November, so in the meantime, pick these up and figure out your own route to survive the impending apocalypse. Even with the flaws, this is a great idea that with a lot of hope and hard work should be more polished the next round.

Find more comprehensive previews, creative teams, and universe information at the official doubletakeuniverse site and check your local comic store to get each issue at a great value of only $2.50 each!

Z-Girl and the 4 Tigers is a comic series about a special ops team lead by a centuries-old female zombie whose teammates are ancient Chinese warrior spirits inhabiting human hosts.  Together they battle all manner of monster and demon that threatens humanity.  Issue 1 is the first part of a 5-issue arc entitled “Odyssey”, explores who Z-Girl is and lays bare the constant struggle she has with her innate zombie nature.

All of this while the team discovers an ancient scroll that just may foretell of the coming Apocalypse.

That’s the question this unique comic series poses.  Unlike any other apocalypse fare I’ve ever read, Z-Girl and the 4 Tigers is a story with layers of complex fantasy and sci-fi, as well as horror, wrapped in Asian mysticism.  The artwork is kick-ass and the story is entertainingly cerebral.

Z-GIRL AND THE 4 TIGERS

Has any of our Wicked members read all of The Walking Dead Comic books?

i've been trying but its hard ever since they closed the local comic book shop

I've read up to 100...I haven't been able to get the rest of them so I can read more...booty leggings are hard to find...

yeah me too i got up to the point with the dude with the tiger i gotta get back into it, pirate bays where i always got my not so legal copy's. I'll have to go back to it now since i cant get paper anymore. 

VERTIGO TO RELEASE iZOMBIE OMNIBUS

VERTIGO TO RELEASE iZOMBIE OMNIBUS

Despite an ever-growing number of popular television programs to feature the walking dead, iZombie immediately stood out as one of the most fun and original. Premiering on The CW in March of 2015, it has earned a tremendous amount critical praise, amassed a fiercely loyal fanbase and was quickly renewed for a second season. However, many fans of the series still haven’t explored it’s comic book roots.

Vertigo hopes to change all of that early this month with the release of their official iZombie Omnibus; a beautiful hardcover collection featuring the complete comic book series with brand new cover art by creator Michael Allred:

The entire 28-issue run of iZOMBIE, the comic that inspired the hit series on the CW, is collected in this new hardcover! Meet Gwen Dylan, a 20-something gravedigger in an eco-friendly cemetery—who also happens to be a zombie! Once a month she must eat a human brain to keep from losing her own memories, but in the process she becomes consumed with the thoughts and personality of the dead person—until she eats her next brain. Our zombie girl detective is joined by her best friend, Eleanor, a swinging ‘60s ghost, plus a posse of paintball-blasting vampires, a smitten were-dog and a hot but demented mummy. This collection features a new wraparound cover by superstar artist Michael Allred!

While Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright did an amazing job adapting the series for television; the original comic book will offer viewers a familiar, but fantastic, new experience. Meanwhile, longtime fans will finally have the opportunity to own a magnificent hardcover collection of their favorite quirky, zombie comic book series!

While the official Vertigo website lists a release date of December 2nd, 2015… Amazon is currently taking pre-orders for the eighth of December. Either way, there’s STILL time for zombies fans to call their local comic book shops and reserve a copy for Christmas!

http://orig04.deviantart.net/f5d8/f/2010/074/d/8/yellow_by_morriperkele.jpg

I've started reading a very cool web series. its called Gone With The Blastwave and is really fun. If you've ever read Romantically apocalyptic its very to it, sharing both an apocalyptic back drop and black humor. Although blastwave is much darker in tone but still quite fun at times. In the laughing at dead bodies kind of way. Which just so happens to be my thing but might not work for everyone. It follows two soldiers fighting in a three sided war for reasons (they don't really know) in a seemingly endless ruined city. No names are given for anything. With the three armies only being differentiated by the colors red blue and yellow. Our protagonist happen to be from the red side. Not that that makes them the bad guys, or the good guys. there is not right or wrong good or bad. No bodies knows why they fight or for what reason only that they do. The author even advises you to "think of it as a some kind of a parody" of more serious post-apocalyptic settings.

Still its great and i enjoyed ever panel of it. It's only faults are the extremely slow schedule. Which is only because the author has decided not to try for a schedule - it's a side-project, and the update arrangements are unashamedly on a "whenever-I-feel-like-it" basis. Were frankly lucky to get an update once a year. but don't worry there plenty of back log to go through first. The other problem is every character is drawn the same way. Even the army's are all the same except for the colors of the helmets. Basically they all wear long trench coats and gas masks, making it had to identify characters some times. This actually leads to a few funny jokes through out the series but when there's a large group of people it can get confusing. but it only a minor announce even if you don't know who the character is its not a big drain on the enjoyment of the story.

So if you enjoy post apocalyptic settings and humor so darker then month old dried blood on the end of a baseball bat then this is web comic for you.

http://www.blastwave-comic.com/comics/20060501.jpg

Gone with Blastwave 2. all credit to <a rel=nofollow href=www.blastwave-comic.com." title="Gone with Blastwave 2" class="cdn_switchable_img"/>

http://www.blastwave-comic.com/comics/12.jpg

(this panels my favorite really sets the tone for the whole thing)

This comic was originally gonna get made as a movie directed by George Romeo.  Since he passed, the project got scrapped, but got turned in comic from instead.  Read the first issue so far.

RSS

Wicked Books

Our Sponsors

View more gifts at Zazzle.

WICKED ZOMBIES members appreciation.

The WICKED member who has unyielding Dedication and Loyalty to the KOMRADZ:

Priest

The WICKED member who has Outstanding Constancy:

Jessie W. Garrett III

The WICKED member who Contributed the most Original Zombie Discussions and Replies:

saint.357

They will receive a WICKED ZOMBIES Goody Box with Wicked Treats.

Blog Posts

Going through a lot

Well, wanted to juststop in and check on things...Been a long time since I have stopped by...Well things are not going as well as I would have hoped, but, you know, that's life...

Some good things are my son, has turned 18 and has also graduated high school...I'm very proud of him...He has plans of going back to school after the getting a job and saving money for the school with the music production studies he wants to do...So I am very proud of…

Continue

Posted by Jessie W. Garrett III on June 26, 2023 at 1:00am

© 2024   Created by Komrad Venessa Wicked☭.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Groups Forum Videos Photos Blogs Invite You Friends My Page Main Page