Wicked Zombies

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...MAYBE TWICE!

All of mankind has different situations in this Zombie World. Some people might be hold up in a house, military base, mansion, apartment building, or just on the run.

What What Is Your Status Right Now?

Views: 711

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's been an hour since I woke up with a splitting headache and not a clue to what the heck happened to me. But with my brain rocked and my memory a little fuzzy, I've begun to remember what has transpired these last few days. I did find my phone smashed all over the place. All my ammo pistol and rifle are all still here, so I don't think I was robbed, but why would someone smash my phone? I guess whoever it was that attacked me from behind with the coffee can must have been a little out in left field. Anyone would have taken the rifle, pistol and pack. Anyways, I haven't done to much moving in the last hour. I've just been laying here on the floor of the shed and that's it. My head hurts way to much to even attempt to even sit up. I hear moans of pain and agony outside the shed that co-inside with the mind blowing throbbing of my head. There is a place on the floor where it looks as though somene was trying to cut an escape hatch through the floor. But never finished. Maybe if I sleep a little I could remember more then just zombies...I'll write more later...

This morning looks drab. It's dark and raining outside this shed. From what I can tell from the sounds within the shed. I still haven't moved from being hit in the head. I guess I passed out again, because I don't remember to much from the night before. I have had bits and pieces jump back into my head, but still no clear picture of what the hell happened. Anyways, I'm going to get up off this floor and have a look outside. Hope things look a little better then how I feel...Damn...

Man, the rain is coming down hard. All of dad's front yard is flooded. Which that's nothing uncommon for this place. I don't see anything except the ruins of the house and everyone's vehicles. I think this would be a good time to check if I can find any kind of proof of if they were all in the house when it burnt down. If I'm lucky enough they all got out and took out towards the woods behind the house.

I'm going to go out and check the rubble and grab knife. i guess I had to fight my way into the shed and used my knife on that stench laying in the yard. Power is still up and running, so that's a good thing. Time to get wet...

Just finished going through the remains of the house. Since the rains have stopped, I had to move back to the shed. I was able to find some keys, but they're burnt pretty bad. Not sure which will fit what vehicle. I also found 8 skeletons within the charred wood. Still trying to figure out where the hell the ninth is. Yes there should have been nine corpses that would have put everyone in the house. There's one unaccounted for. Seen a few shadows in the woods behind the house, so later tonight I'll be checking the woods out. But right now I'm going to try out these keys. Would like if they would be the keys to dad's car, but probably to my sister's gas guzzling Ford Expedition. But we'll see. Right now I'm going to eat a little and drink a little. Might even get a little sleep. Oh, yeah, I got my knife.

M.R.E.'s for lunch and some sugar free kool-aid will at least give me some flavor, besides water...(LOL)

Well it's dark out. Can't see much where I'm at. A lot of shadows. Dad's security light just came on, so the power is still working. It's pretty dark back here by the shed, because of that damn dead ass tree I've tried to get dad to cut done many times. But nooo, he had to keep it so if it fell he could collect insurance money. 

Anyways, the damn keys I found were to my dad's pick up. Which aint to bad, it's a V-6 so it wont be to hard on gas. But as for helping anyone over the party of one, not. I already placed my gear in the truck. The truck is backed up and facing out of the drive next to the door.

I think one of those damn crawlers ended up under the shed. I think I need to take it out. Cause if someone decides to take shelter here while I'm gone, leaving that thing under the shed could be dangerous. I'll kick the shit out of the half hatch in the floor, make a big enough hole to see what comes out. 

Took me a couple of minutes to get a hole big enough for something to get through, but the beating is still going on. Wait, wait a fucking minute. I know that damn beating. That's John-boy. My nephew who has problems...I'm going in to find him...

Uh, Hello? Anybody Home? This The Dread Pirate Boodrow calling from Boogar Hollow down on HWY7 north of Russellville.

Any towns along I-40 have gone to shit. Me    and some good ol' boys have hold up in the old Boogar Hollow gift store.

Been going to local small towns and houses for food and various supplies.

Man we met had an lock-n-key shop and let me sharpen that rebel cavlary sabre I got some time back. Carbon steel.

Sharp as hell. Good thing I watched all those Errol Flynn Movies when I was little.

Fukking zeds are pissing me off. Some jackass had the bright idea of herding them into a cattle truck. Cocksucker forgot to lock the goddamn gate!!

Ran out of ammo for my Enfield. The Bayonet got to use for the first time since 1943.

Fukking zeds.

Butt stroked some of them. Thier heads cracked open like eggshellls. Smelled like rotten eggs.

Sabre got to have a field day. Took at leased 17 heads . Using one as hood ornament. Getting to the point that I enjoy

it.

Going to make a run up to Jasper. Heard that they had people up there. Guys let use the boogie mobile to let off steam.

Still had some zeds from the cattle truck. Boogie mobile is an old Stuart tank that my friend would take to tractor pulls.

It's got a supe- up engine and can go at 40mph!! I never thought running over the undead would so much fun.

Is anybody out there at all?

Took me awhile to find him. But I found him. Told him I was going to beat him up and he giggled. Even before the stenches, I would tell him that he would laugh at me. He looks like he hasn't eaten in a couple of days, so I need to get some food for him. This is going to be hard since he's physically handicapped. because he's the way he is, he can only eat stage 3 baby food. The hard thing is going to be having to leave him in the vehicle while I search for his food and his supplies...Two different types of supplies...I'll have some of his medicine that his mom stuffed in the diaper bag, but once that runs out what the hell do I do then?? Oh screw it, I'll worry about it when it comes. Right now I'm just glad there's someone else I can pal around with, at least I don't have to talk to myself. (LOL) Oh that's funny you little shit...John you's a silly boy...

Yeah, you want to see a grown man turn into a babbling idiot, hand them a baby or a child with special needs. This is going to be tough as hell, but I think we can do this. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell he got under the damn shed. Not unless his mom or dad put him there to try and save the others from the fire. Anyways, the past is the past. I've got to lock him in for a couple of minutes. I know his mom never carried in the diaper bag, she always left that out in there car. So I'm going to see if its still there. If it is, there should be some food it for him, and maybe a few diapers. Hopefully some wet wipes, he does smell a little ripe...(LOL)

I'll have to pull his car seat out of her truck also, that way he can be safe. Damn. Get everything I need for him and try and get the hell out of here. I don't think it will be much safer here right now. Specially since John needs things that I cannot get. Not unless I leave him alone and I'm not doing that.

Damn, I'm trying to keep my Komradz up to date, I'm hoping they are all still out there, the noise outside is getting loud as hell. I'm looking out the window right now and see nothing. It sounds like a helicopter or a plane, still a little ways off, but it sounds as though it's heading this way. If it's a chopper, i'm going to try and signal it somehow...Just don't know how yet.

I got a lighter, some dry wood shelves and i could cyphon off some gas from the generator and set a fire to signal the chopper and/or plane. But if I do, I could draw those bastards right to us. So I'm in a damned if I do and damned if I don't matter. But if it is a chance to get John out of here, I guess I could chance it. but I'm a little worried, if it is a chopper and they are looking for survivors and they only have room for one more, I can't take a chance with strangers taking care of him. So you can see what kind of predicament I'm in. But what if it's a military copter? Stop, you'll rack and burn out what brain you have left.

John should be safe while I get the stuff I need out of his momma's truck and get it put in to the truck I'm claiming as mine. The noise is louder and I'm looking out the window and see the helicopter. You know, it reminds me of one of those helicopters off the show MASH. What the hell? It's landing. Believe this shit, it's landing in the front yard. Ok, this aint right. Looks as though I might be in a fight before we're able to get the hell out of here...

Sorry it took me so long to get back. john and I got to ride in a this Vietnam, Korea style medic chopper. The pilot said he saw the fire as he past over a day ago and saw two or three people running in and out of the house. So he came back to see if there were any survivors. He also told me he picked up a short heavy set woman about two days ago that was caught in the middle of a hostile take over of the infected on a building. He was able to collect three of the survivors, but didn't make it back in time for the other three. We talked through headsets till we got to a large wood covered place. 

When we landed there was around 20 or 30 people that rushed out to meet the chopper. After collecting my gear and my rifle, I picked up John and we started walking into the crowd. Several of the women tried to pull John from my arms. Without thinking I pulled my pistol and everyone scattered...A large, muscular man walked up and stopped just short of about 10 feet from me. He motioned and the guy in the chopper took off again. I never took my eyes or 9mm off the guy. After the area had quieted down from the noise of the chopper, the man spoke to me.

"We're friends...There's no need for that here. You are welcome here."

"Look friend, I don't want any trouble, but the next person who tries to take my nephew from me gets two in the head. We've been in the shit for long enough and he's all I got left. So back the hell up off me and him, show us where we can get some food and a place to bunk down."

John was beating me on my shoulder and giggling about it. The guy looked very sternly at me and then finally after a couple of seconds he spoke.

I understand where you're coming friend. I'm sure the women here were meaning no harm. Some here have lost their families entirely, so the sight of a child, like your nephew probably brought out that mother instinct they all have."

"Look, the pilot said he picked up a short, fat, mouth little woman a day or so ago, where is she?"

"Sissy? She said everyone just called her Sissy, but she's over in the M.A.S.H. Unit right now. We've had to keep her sudated. She kept talking about her kids at her dad's and she had to get back."

"I need to see her. If she's my sister, this is her son. She has to know everyone else is dead."

"I'll take you to her, but you'll have to at least put your weapon away. Or I can't help you."

"I'll put it away, but if I feel I'm being dropped into a trap, I will have no problem killing anyone, especially you."

The man nodded his head and I placed my pistol back in my tac vest, with the lock strap undone just in case. And followed him. He took me through what felt and looked like an abandoned military outpost or evac sight that him and his people had taken over. After about five minutes of walking we reach the field hospital. He opened the flap and I stepped in, still carrying John. A doctor started towards me and I put my hand on my pistol and he backed off. The guy I followed here showed me to a pulled curtain. A nurse pulled back the curtain and the lady on the stretcher was my damn sister. She was sleeping.

"How long has she been asleep?"

The lady or nurse told me something like an hour or so. I didn't catch all of it, I was actually growing tired myself, so parts of me were shutting down slowly. I kicked the bed and she sat straight up.

"Hey bitch, the next time you leave John behind, I'll be your ass."

I smiled as her face finally rested on me. I turned just enough for her to see John-boy and she snapped from being dazed and confused to being overwhelmed with happiness. I handed him over and he went from smiles to laughter and coos. 

"I found him under the work shed at dad's. Did anyone else make it out?"

"James and I left to try and find help. But was cut off from getting back to dad's by those zombies. I don't think anyone was ready for this."

"Really? No one, you don't or didn't know anyone who was ready for this? Really?"

"Except you, you crazy bastard."

"Well everyone is gone. I found burnt bodies inside the house and the place burnt to the ground. From what I saw, everyone was killed."

"Not everyone, Shelby was with us. We barely got off the roof of the courthouse before they got the others we shacked up with."

"Well that's good to know. So you have your family, I lost mine. Looks like I know what my job is now from here on out."

"What are you saying?"

"I got a phone call on my phone a day or two, maybe three days ago from Denise and the boys. They didn't make it. Denise, Lj and Jason all three were bit. Denise found a gun and before they could all turn, she shot the boys and herself. And since finding the remains at dad's place, Littlebit, dad, bitch face, I'm guessing Justin, Kara and someone else are dead also. So you have your family and I lost mine."

"Look, I'm sorry. Thank you for bring John back to me."

"Just listen to me for once in your goddamned life, stay close to these people, but if you see hell breaking loose, grab a pack and a couple of weapons and get the fuck out of here. Don't trust to many people and DON'T LEAVE JOHN AGAIN!! You won't have to worry about the stenches getting to you, I'll kill you myself."

We laugh a little. James and Shelby come walking in and by the looks on their faces are shocked as hell to see me...

"Before you all get to mushy on me, I TOLD YOU SO!!! Now for you little lady, stay close to mom and John. James you better not be no more then six of seven feet from them at all times...I'm out."

I leave my sister and her family in the med tent and walk over a pump. You know one of those old fashion water pumps and pull up. The water begins to flow and I dunk my head under the running water. It's cold as shit on a winter morning in the front yard. While I was standing by the pump, I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I grab and pull my pistol as I whirl around to face the person touching me. It was the strong guy again.

"Before you say anything, I'm not staying. I just need a new pack and my canteens filled back up and I'm out."

"But you can stay and help us rebuild. We have been working at night building an Outpost for survivors. It's safe here."

"Look, there is not going to be a safe place in this fucking world. Not unless you're able to find an underground military facility. Then you'll have to lure the dead out and kill them all, if you ever do find a place like that. Your best bet is to take the back roads to the mountains and make a stand there. The weather will be harsh, but it'll slow these things down. Dead joints can't take the cold. Let alone you'll be able defend yourselves better. I ask for three things from you personally. One, you watch over my sister and her family personally. Two, you supply me with a new pack, sense this one is all torn to shit. Surprised it lasted this long without falling apart. And three, let me fill my two canteens and I'll be on my way."

"I'm sorry? I didn't catch your name."

"You can call me Dragon."

"What's your real name?"

"Dragon is all you need to know."

"OK. I'm Sgt. Fallon. I was assigned to this unit, but once they declared all evac and rescue sites closed, most of my soldiers took off for home."

"Well, you can't blame them for that. If you're going to die, why not die with the rest of your family."

"Anyways, my brother and me and our troops had just finished setting up the base when the orders to close came through the radio. Everyone went home. Since my brother and me are the only two left in our family, we decided to try and find survivors and bring them here. After about three days, we had a small little army. We have towers for our lookouts, tents for the survivors to sleep in, food, water and even showers. And with us located on the top of this hill and the river to our back, we should be good."

"Where the hell are we, this place looks familiar to me?"

"Nathan BedFord Forest Museum."

"Right. So the military was smart enough to use my location for their evac station, smart. One road in and cliff and water to the back. Actually, according to my commander, he saw something on his kid's computer that mentioned something of this place as being a fall back position. So he looked into this place and found it would be exactly like the place said it would be."

I begin to laugh...

"What's so funny?"

"Our military is so damn wise that they had to take advice from a website and call it their own plan...Anyways, how about that pack and water and my sister and her family?"

"I will look after them. What about you?"

"My world is out there. It's about time I announce to these sonsbitches who I am."

Without another word, the Sgt. motioned with his hand and another person comes up with a pack. and drops next to me.

"Y'all got on jeans? I need to get the hell out of these pants. This damn shirt is hot ass hell and the pants smell like shit."

"You can go to the share tent and get what you need."

I pick up the empty pack and the girl that brought the pack leads me to another large tent. I go in and find a couple pair of jeans and in the middle of the tent I change clothes. I put my tac vest back on, shove the other pair of pants in the bottom of the new shoulder pack. I transfer all my ammo and a couple cans of food into the pack. I check all my weapons and pick up a new machete. Somewhere in flight I think mine fell out. As I was leaving the tent James walks up to me.

"Where you going?"

"Dude, you just stick near sis and the kids."

Without thinking, I drop the old pack on the ground, stuff it full of ammo and hand him my M4 style 9mm rifle.

"James, you better get good with this. You better be able to take the wings off a fly from 100 yards away. This will save your ass. And with everyone still scrounging all the big shit in ammo, 9mm rounds will be easy as hell to find. I'll pick up another rifle somewhere else. I got my Springfield XD 9 so i'll be good."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to be out there, in my world. The world in which I was born for. Where living and dying is all but one step in front of you or behind you. This is my time James. You're time has past and you have to now cowboy up and take care of your family."

I turn around and start walking. Leaving James there to come to terms with it was now his job to take care of his family, not somebody elses job. I make my way back to the landing pad. As I pass an open tent, I look inside. There are two kids inside. I stop and look at them for a minute. They're shaking and looking like they haven't eaten in a day or two. I let my pack slide from my shoulder into my hand. I loosen the flap and pull out the food I had in my pack. Walking to the tent, one of the boy's started crying. 

"Shhhhh, I'm not going to hurt you. Here, this should help you."

Just then a man steps from around the corner and kicks the cans of food from the entrance to the tent.

"What the fuck dude, these kids are hungry."

"I say when they eat."

Without thinking I pull my knife and bury it deep into the man's gut. As he leans into me, and I grab the back of his head, I twist the blade. Just as we slowly start down to the ground, the Sgt comes running up.

"WHAT THE FUCK?"

I pull my knife from the guys gut and wipe in on my jeans.

"Look inside that damn tent, this guy has been beating and starving these kids and no one here saw it? This is Bullshit. The only penalty for that is death. So beware, if I see it, the person or persons doing this will be killed instantly."

The Sgt looks inside the tent and the boys smiled a little. I pick up the food and place it inside the tent. The boys attacked the food like wild animals fighting over a fresh kill.

"Dragon you have to go. I can cover this. I can see you don't belong here. Where's your rifle?"

"I gave it to my brother-in-law to help protect my sister and the kids."

"Look, lets get away from here. I can cover this up. Lets get you another rifle and get you on the chopper with my brother and get you the hell out of here before everyone starts calling for some lame ass justice."

He starts pushing on my shoulder, which causes my brain to snap into action. My legs and the Sgt begin jogging. We reach a tent just below the LZ. he pushes me inside and looks around. I spot the weapon I was trying to get made before this shit happened, but didn't get a chance. 

The Sgt walks over and hands me an actual M4 and I shook my head no.

"Look, is that a Dragon 22 sitting over there?"

"No, it's a .22 caliber rifle that was found in some dead guys hands. When we found out what it caliber it was, we just put it in here. We need stopping power."

"Look, I'll take that. Plus whatever round you have for it."

The Sgt picks the .22 Bullpup P90 up and tosses it to me. He reaches under the same table and pulls out a medium size pack looking stuffed with ammo.

"Here, take it. We can't use it. How's your food?"

"NONE. Gave it all to those boys."

He hands me a box of M.R.E.'s. I drop my should pack to the ground. I pull out the 30 mags for my pistol and find room in the medium, (I call it a small), ammo bag. I pull out a few mags for the Dragon .22, and place them in my Tac Vest pouches. I hook the ammo pouch to my pack and stuff every bit of the M.R.E.'s into my shoulder pack. I sling it back over my shoulder and we head to the LZ. Just as we reach the hill, the a woman screams.

"They found the body. My brother will be here in 2 minutes. I have to get to the crowd that will be building. When Dwayne lands, jump in and tell him I said to drop you wherever."

Before I could tell him thanks, Dwayne comes into sight. Sgt Fallon runs back down the hill to where the dead guy is. Dwayne didn't even touch the ground before i was already climbing into the co-pilot's seat. 

"What the hell dude?"

"Your brother said for you to get me the hell out of here. He says just to go."

"Roger that."

We went up and forward and climbed higher and higher. I bet we were at least 800 feet. Maybe more. All I know is it was a long fucking way to the ground. Well, I was able to get Dwayne to fly me slam to Roulette, TX. Took us four and a half hours. We landed just outside of town. We were able to refuel is helicopter and he was off. I'm held up in this little hotel room just a few miles from wife's mom's house.

Net is still up. Just like I thought it would be. Which means power is still on across the states. Yes I know my family is dead, but I have to burn them. Let their spirits free. Everyone always says I should bury the ones I love and burn the rest. Why would I give a stench the release of a Viking and disgraceful my family with becoming part of the earth. It'll never happen. If my family is dead, I'll burn the entire house down. This will allow them to take whatever they want with them. If the Asian people are right about spirits. Anyways. I'm going to get some sleep. I've got the doors and windows covered and boarded up. I used the table to cover the large window and was able to get the dresser against the door with one of the mattresses over that. Should allow for some sound proofing. Noise bastards.

After Dwayne took off, I had to make a run for it. I bet there was a herd of at least 25 of those bastards come out of nowhere. I made a run for it. I had ran past several single stenches and kept going. I was able to shake the fuckers just long enough to get into the room here. Well, I think with it being so late in the day, I'll eat something, get some sleep and move out just after dark.

I'm still held up in the hotel room I was able to get in a couple of days ago. The coast looked clear around 6 tonight. I still haven't been able to leave. Just an hour ago a large group of stenches went by. I don't know where they are marching too. From what my wife has told me, there is a large mall in the town of Roulette, TX. It's not some landmark or anything like that, just a regular mall.

I've been able to get some sleep, even though it's not the deep R.E.M. sleep required. The next room over I can hear scratching on the wall and that[s not an easy feeling to sleep with. I went and checked out the bathroom and found out that there was a window leading into a back alley. The alley has been cleared for the last few days, but with small groups of those dead fuckers out there crowding the entry ways at either end. 

I will make it out of here, even if it means becoming a silent killer. I'm going to have to lighten my load in order to make it to my mother-in-law's house. With me, probably running, trying to make way there, it may be a little hard with a full pack. So I'm in a bit of a tight decision, what do I drop? I know I'm not dropping my rifle or pistol. I really can't drop ammo, I can't drop my machete. All there is left to drop is food. But hell, I've got only three meals left of M.R.E.'s so three packs of food ain't going to change much. Guess there's not much I can leave. I'm just going to have to take my chances. Next stop, my wife. Even if it means they're dead.

I had a hell of a time getting to the next building. So after about two hours I came up with a plan. I started smashing the windows and kicking in the doors around the little room I was in. Trust me, it didn't take long for a large horde of walkers to reach me. I made sure they saw me go into the little room and as they began scratching on the door, I found the small gas line running through the room to the heater and unscrewed it. Took a little but I finally got it loose. Though the fitting was tight, I was able to bend the copper line and I felt and heard the rush of gas through the line. I walked into the divided room, found some greasy rags and put them on the floor. I knew it wouldn't take long before the gas reached in there, I struck a wooden match I found in the room and started the rags on fire. I go to the large vent in the room and break the cover off. I threw my bag up into the vent and crawled my ass through the opening. 

I pushed and crawled fast and hard. This vent when the gas goes is going to be one big damn wind tunnel. And fire follows oxygen. I passed several damn rooms and stopped at one just long enough to see that the horde of fleshing eating freaks was growing. Then I hear the hissing and then a loud whistle. I knew then that the gas was passing the damn wall and was about to hit the burning rags. I pushed off and moved faster. After about three minutes of crawling, I fell through the damn duct work. I landed hard. Damn near blacked out I hit so hard. Then the room shook, and the vent started shacking.

Shit!!!

I grab my pack and my rifle and run through the door. I didn't care what was on the other side. Luckily there was nothing. I beat feet out the building and into the streets. I made it to the other side of the road and just crossed the threshold of another building when the shockwave of the explosion threw me to the ground. I roll to my back and survey the destruction I just completed. It was bad ass. I actually smiled as burning bodies walked through the flames and fall down.

"OH HELL YEAH!!"

Snapping back to my senses, I jump to my feet and look around. Coast was clear and I was about three blocks from the house. I take off running and don't look back. I rounded a couple of corners and there the house was. 100 yards more and I was there. Out of breath and tired as shit, I pushed my fat as on just a little longer. Once I reached the front door, the shock of what may be inside hit me like a lead balloon being dropped from a third story window. Everyone here was heading to the basement in the back of the house. Well, I need to take some cover, so I'm going to hide out in the garage for a few minutes. Got to catch my breath and regroup.

I think it took me thirty minutes to catch my breath. Hell, it didn't help I was smoking a cigarette in order to calm my damn nerves. After discovering the outer entrance to the basement, I hesitated. But to face reality in this day and age was something a person has to do. I pull the doors open and ready my rifle. Switching on the light tactical light, I walk down the stairs into the dark. After reaching the sixth or seventh step, I turn and pull the doors close. I proceed, 8, 9, 10, 11 steps to the floor. The coolness within the air was kind of relaxing, except for the nasty smell of something rotting. I round the corner and find them laying on the ground. My two boys and my wife. All three have bullet holes in their heads. 

After saying my goodbyes to my family, I move them up to the bedrooms and lay them in the beds. I clean their heads and wipe their faces clean. I kiss each one on the forehead and my tears flow and fall on to each one of their faces. I pull the blankets up and tuck them in. I walk into the garage and pick up the can of gasoline. I go upstairs and begin splashing the fuel around the house. I reach the front door and look out the window. Just a few stenches down the street. I opened the front door and pout some gas on the front porch. I toss the can back into the house. I take a few steps back and pull my pistol. I angel the pistol so the bullet would cause a spark, I pull the trigger.

The house goes up quickly. I just stand in the front yard with my pack on my back, my pistol on my side and rifle in my hands, I just stand there. Watching as the house burns, the roof collapses in, and then the walls fall into the fire. I turn just to see one of the stenches lunge for me. With my rifle in front of me, we fall to the ground. I use my rifle as a barrier to keep from getting bit. I was just about ready to give up when out of nowhere, a loud bang rang out. The monster's head explodes out the left side. I roll and stand up. I look to where the shot had come from and there was no one there...

I'm heading back. But I'm heading back to the apartment in my mother-in-law's dodge charger. Should take me eight hours to get there. But if I can get through on the roads, I''ll blow the engine and the doors of this bitch. Next time I write I'll be back in my apartment complex turning it into my Outpost. 

I'm going back home.............

It's been two days and I just got home. It took me three cars and two trucks. But I made it home. And I did it in a good solid truck and trailer. The trailer is loaded with building materials and everything I need to secure these apartments. I haven't seen any stenches in the last hour or so. That's got me a little worried. 

I've got to put that out of my head for now. Let me tell you about my home. It is a bottom floor apartment. Building D has apartments that are three bedrooms. The building has two sections to it with four apartments in each section. Giving me 7 apartments to build my Command Center, Power room, Radio room, fuel storage, maintenance room and I'll use the apartment above me as a food pantry. That should cover everything I will be gathering in the next few days. Once I finish preparing my outpost, I'll start clearing this damn town of all these bastards. And once I know the area is safe, I'll build the perimeter and secure the rest of the buildings.

I'm tired and I want to sleep. My place is secured enough for me to sleep and not worry about these things getting to me. If the power is on and the net is still up, I'll let the world know how things are progressing. Till then, I bid America a goodnight. 

Good night

You have been through quite a ordeal making it all the way home. You deserve and need some sleep. Make sure you fortify your home, just because the undead are unseen does not mean they are not lurking around every corner. Be safe and stay focused!

Let's start with what happened Friday.
Friday morning I woke up. Went to the apartment upstairs and across the hall from me, Then I went to the very back bedroom and cut a hole in the wall. It took a little bit to get the job done but I did it. After getting the hole cut or knocked out, I cleared that apartment. There was no one there. I cleared the other three apartments and out of those three found three dead fuckers. I popped their heads and pulled their bodies outside to the dumpster. I looked around and there was nothing or anything dead or living moving. So after clearing the apartments I unloaded the trailer and the truck I stole to get home. The trailer and the truck I took from a construction site, so it had tons of shit I would need or could use.
Anyways, I unloaded the trailer and the truck. That took just about all day Friday. The trailer had sheets of real plywood, 2X4's, 2X6's, 4X6 posts, boxes of screws and nails and a large tool box. I then unloaded the truck. The truck had 2 contractor generators, a stick welder, more tools and 5 large 5 gallon tanks of fuel for the generators. I was able to get everything inside before night fall.
I took the truck into town and remembered how a friend of mine told me how he used to get free gas. So I stop at the auto parts store and grab a big heavy duty fuel pump and all the fuel line hose they had. I also grabbed all the gas cans they had in there. I had to take down three stenches before I could get the hell back to the truck, but I made it back home.
After getting back, I wanted to secure the rest of the apartment building. I worked well into Saturday morning securing the down stairs apartment windows. How I did this was I took the plywood and cut it to fit tight within the window seal. I secured the plywood to the frame with 3 1/2 inch deck screws. I then cut 2X4's to behind the plywood and secured them with 16 penny nails to the windows inner wall frame. Which this did totally block all light into every down stair apartments. With the windows done, I wanted to make one more change in my security; I wanted the only door in to the place to be the one on the other side of the building. So naturally I pushed myself. I was tired, but had to finish for the night. I went and grabbed the welder and came back to the main door on my side of the building. With several welding sticks, I plugged the welder in and started welding the door shut. It took me about an hour. But I wanted to make sure it was going to hold. So after welding the door shut from the inside, I was able to weld the door on the outside. I got lucky as shit. Nothing came out of the woods or from the road. Anyways I finished that up and decided to get some sleep.
Saturday
Today I fixed the main door into my Outpost. I took it off the hinges and turned it into a metal sliding door. I made sure that when I did this, that there was no way the bottom or top could be pushed out of the frame. It took longer to do this just because I had to dispatch several dead fuckers while I was working. But after four hours of work and dispatching dead fuckers, I finally got it done. The door will slide all the way open and closed perfectly. When the door is closed it locks instantly. So pulling the door open after it closes will not work, especially since I have no handle on the outside. Yes I know it will close and lock on me when I leave, but I have a key for that. The only way in through my new door is by using a police swat team's vehicle battering ram or the turret of a tank.
With all that work done fortifying my home, I got some really good sleep. I got up around 3pm and knew I had to figure out how to lay out my command center. With 7 three bedroom apartments all to myself, I can do whatever I want. So starting by the front door, the apartments will be set as followed:
Apartment A- (First door on the left after entering the front door) Maintenance
Bedroom 1: Generator room
Bedroom 2: Fuel storage
Bedroom 3: Tools
Kitchen and Living Room: Construction materials
Apartment- B (right side of the front door) Armory
Kitchen: Pistols
Living Room: Rifles
Bedroom 1: Ammunition
Bedroom 2: Bladed weapons
Bedroom 3: Living quarters for Armory Supervisor
Apartment-C (Above apartment A) Sick Bay
Bedroom 1: Medical supply storage
Bedroom 2: Pharmaceutical supply storage
Bedroom 3: Quarantine
Living Room: Medical office
Kitchen: Operating room
Apartment- D (apartment above the Armory) Mess Hall
Bedroom 1: Canned goods storage
This was easier then moving them damn refrigerators and freezers.
Bedroom 2: Freezers and refrigerators
It took a lot out of me moving all 6 refrigerators and the 4 deep freezers in to the mess hall.
Bedroom 3: Water storage
Kitchen: prepare food
Living Room: dining area
Apartment E (connect to D) Command Center
Living Room: Intel Room
Kitchen: Radio and Security Camera Room
Bedrooms will be used for living quarters
Apartment F (across the hall from E) and Apartment G (Under apartment E) will be used for living quarters.
As for my Apartment, It’s my place and no one else will be let in…
I got all the apartments set-up with the materials and the supplies I have gathered together. I didn’t throw away the mattresses; I dragged them into all the rooms I set up for living quarters. That way any survivor that I find will have something other than the floor to sleep on.
Around 3 in the morning I was so tired from doing all the work I’ve done these past few days. I went into my home and looked around. I sat in my chair and turned on the T.V. There was nothing really on but what the cable company had preprogramed to play. So as I watched a little T.V., I lit a cigarette. I finished my smoke and went to bed.

Sunday
I took all the empty gas cans and loaded up the truck. I grabbed the fuel pump and went out. I hit the Marathon on the corner. I pulled in and parked over the lid to the tank. After checking around, I pop the lid and drop the hose into the tank. I rigged up a power supply for the pump that would plug into the lighter of the truck. I plug it in and turn the key to the truck. The funny thing I did do was make a splitter for the exhaust hose that will fill up four cans at the same time. It takes a little bit, but it has worked out.
After filling all fifteen 2 and 5 gallon gas cans, I jumped in the truck and headed back home. It’s been pretty quiet for awhile now around here. Even though I am staying alert, I’m taking full advantage of this time to get everything I can to complete my Outpost.
I unloaded all the gas cans and got them into the storage room. I’ve noticed that in order to put more fuel in the storage room I’m going to need shelves. So it looks like I’m heading back to Wal-mart for their utility room shelving units.
I made it to and from Wal-mart while a hell of a load of shelving units. After putting them together and placing them in the fuel storage room and filling them up with what fuel cans I had, I still had room for way more. I placed shelving in the Sick Bay, Mess Hall, Armory and Maintenance room storage areas. I went to bed after all that work.
MONDAY
Now for the events of today, it started out half way normal, as normal as you can get with the shit hitting the fan. I ate breakfast, which was a can of chef Boyardee raviolis straight form the can and a nice cold Pepsi. I grabbed my pack, which I filled with nothing more than ammo for today’s outing. I’m going to re-hit most of the stores here in town. I have a map and the large moving van. So I will be marking and looting every damn story I can get into, without attracting the dead. I had to wait about an hour for the three or four to pass by Outpost this morning. I don’t want to alert them to where I am. So I waited. The large drainage canal next to my building provides the perfect rear fortification. The drainage ditch is one deep ass bitch. I climbed down in to it a while back and it took me forever to get back out of it. I literally had to walk a mile to find my way out. Both sides of the ditch are so steep that it’s impossible to climb up either side…And since there has been no rain, the sides have become brittle, so where I climbed down has now become impossible to do because it has collapsed into a sheer drop.
Anyways, I waited for them to go away. Of course I made it to Sav-a-Lot grocery store. It took me awhile to clear out the store shelves. Of course it took a while once I got back to clear out the truck. After that, the pantry was stock as full as I can or could get it. So now I'm going to eat, shower and get some sleep. I'm wore the hell out.

Besides, all day tomorrow has me busy preparing an escape hatch through the floor and a roof hatch for spotting. 

Good Night America, wherever you are.....

RSS

Wicked Books

Our Sponsors

View more gifts at Zazzle.

WICKED ZOMBIES members appreciation.

The WICKED member who has unyielding Dedication and Loyalty to the KOMRADZ:

Priest

The WICKED member who has Outstanding Constancy:

Jessie W. Garrett III

The WICKED member who Contributed the most Original Zombie Discussions and Replies:

saint.357

They will receive a WICKED ZOMBIES Goody Box with Wicked Treats.

Blog Posts

Going through a lot

Well, wanted to juststop in and check on things...Been a long time since I have stopped by...Well things are not going as well as I would have hoped, but, you know, that's life...

Some good things are my son, has turned 18 and has also graduated high school...I'm very proud of him...He has plans of going back to school after the getting a job and saving money for the school with the music production studies he wants to do...So I am very proud of…

Continue

Posted by Jessie W. Garrett III on June 26, 2023 at 1:00am

© 2024   Created by Komrad Venessa Wicked☭.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Groups Forum Videos Photos Blogs Invite You Friends My Page Main Page